(No H1 or OPT)
Location: Oakland, CA/ Pleasanton, CA/ San Francisco, CA /Pasadena, CA /Burbank, CA (LA area)/ Denver, CO / Aurora CO/ Atlanta GA / Seattle, WA/ /Portland, WA- REMOTE for Covid until able to go onsite
Duration: 3 mth+ contract
Oracle Database Machine Administrator :
· 24 x 7 database support services
· Expertise in Oracle Exadata, ZDLRA, or ZFS Storage Appliance.
· Oracle RAC, Oracle Data Guard, OEM 12c13c, and Golden Gate
· Enterprise Manager Cloud Control
The Oracle Database Machine Administrator has the specialized skills to operate and administer all aspects of a database machine such as Oracle Exadata, ZDLRA, or ZFS Storage Appliance. Oracle Database Machine Administrators help you realize the operational benefits of your engineered system by managing all components—servers, storage, software, database, and networking—with a single individual.
The Oracle Database Machine Administrators have specialized administrative training specifically on Oracle Engineered Systems covering compute, storage, networking, and database administration. Oracle Database Machine Administrators gain personalized knowledge of your unique requirements, and assist in the administration and optimization or your engineered system.
The Oracle Database Machine Administrator will be responsible for the overall management and maintenance of Exadata, ZDLRA, and ZFS Platforms in support of the Oracle databases and ETL processes running on them. The person in this role will be involved in design and implementation of Highly Available Oracle Database environments ensuring highest levels of performance and availability. Should be able to interpret/identify internal or external business issues requirements and recommend changes and improvements to the process and infrastructure design. Solve complex problems, performance issues, and come up with innovative solutions. Must be a team player, possesses a solutions-oriented approach and high work ethics with excellent communication and process management skills.
Key activities may include:
· Develop and maintain system documentation related to your Oracle Exadata, ZDLRA, ZFS, and software configuration
· Patch and release management (database, server, network, Oracle Exadata)
· Establish appropriate procedures and guidelines to pursue, track, and document service requests
· Evaluating overall performance of your computer systems and providing recommendations for improving performance
· Monitor and maintain critical hardware information for the database machine
· Monitor and address database machine alerts
· For Oracle Exadata/ZDLRA: New database instance creation, backup and recovery procedures implementation, Database administration, Performance tuning of the database
· Monitor and manage infiniband performance using the aggregate sensor that takes input from multiple sensors
· Set up alerts and threshold criteria in Enterprise Manager Cloud Control
Daily system monitoring to ensure 24X7 availability of Exadata, ZDLRA, and ZFS machines in support of the databases running on them. Day-to-day support of multiple Production and non-production environments. GI and RAC maintenance, support and troubleshooting. Exadata/ZDLRA/ZFS Capacity, planning, design, and documentation. Support and implement, in conjunction with the DBAs, high availability and disaster recovery systems for databases using Oracle RAC, Oracle Data Guard, OEM 12c13c, and Golden Gate. Use OEM for Diagnostics, Tuning, Monitoring and Configuration. Perform backup and recovery procedures using RMAN, export import datapump. Perform database machine OS tuning and implement performance enhancements. Automation of repeatable tasks. As a member of Oracle DMA team, participate in on-call rotation providing 24X7 support as required. Work on projects as needed in close coordination with Architects, PMs, Application architects, Development teams etc. Any other related tasks as required and/or assigned