As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
As a Full Stack Applications Developer within JP Morgan Credit Risk Technology organization, you will be building, enhancing, and modernizing creative and reliable Credit Risk Reporting technology solutions designed to meet regulatory requirements and achieve variety of business objectives.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- At least 5 years of related work experience, including Java and RDBMS
- Java/Scala, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle/Sybase IQ, Unix, Shell scripting, Angular JS/EXT JS
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- Data Warehousing
- Big Data Storage and Management Tools(Hadoop, S3, Dremio)
- Business Intelligence (Tableau/Business Objects/MIDAS)
- Kafka Messaging
- Python, Apache Spark
- Microsoft technology stack (C#/MS SQL Server/SSRS)
- Participate in modernization and upgrade of the Credit Risk technology stack in accordance with the industry best practices
- Analyze, design, and build credit risk reporting solutions and implement core architectural changes using Agile development methodology;
- Enhance existing software in accordance with specifications and adhering to the internal application development standards and industry best practices;
- Effectively communicate with Business stakeholders and Technology / SRE teams throughout organization;
- Production support (L3)
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team: Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.