Location: New York - Rochester
Duration: Full Time
The Communication Systems segment is seeking a highly motivated, team oriented Electrical Engineer well versed in the design and validation of complex radio-based communications systems. This individual will work in a team environment involved in the hardware development of radios and accessories that require the design, implementation, integration and introduction of radio products and accessories into production. The successful candidate should demonstrate initiative in the efficient development of complex systems throughout the product lifecycle. The successful candidate should possess a thorough understanding of hardware development methods, processes and challenges to ensure a quality design. Experience with government certification of engineering designs is also desired.
- Responsible for the design and development of Digital hardware to support advanced HF radio products. Will be a member or leader of a cross functional development team.
- HF Radio Unit and System level integration, test and troubleshoot
- Motherboard, and other digital interface board design and validation and integration support.
- designing, developing, modifying and evaluating electronic parts, components, or integrated circuitry for electronic equipment or other hardware systems
- Determines design approaches and parameters
- Analyzes electrical requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability.
- Documents design and test results in detailed test reports.
- May also review vendor capability to support development.
- Requires comprehensive level knowledge digital design engineering obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- BSEE and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience or MSEE and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
- Knowledge and application of computer simulation of Digital circuitry is desired
- Must have a successful track record in planning, executing, and tracking personal task assignments
- Proficiency with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators and spectrum analyzers.
- Requires a Secret U.S. Security Clearance OR the ability to obtain
- Prior hands-on experience with HF radio communications, such as military service and Amateur Radio.
- Proficient with HyperLynx simulation
- Proficient with Lab View
- Good bench skills – prototyping, soldering, mechanical fabrication, circuit and system troubleshooting
- Knowledge and application of computer simulation of RF circuitry, including HF receiver, exciter, and power amplifier hardware