About the Opportunity
Does working for the leader in luxury Independent and Assisted Living Communities sound like the professional challenge you are seeking? Discover Senior Living offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. Employees are encouraged to take responsibility for their own careers.
- Performing maintenance and housekeeping duties in and around the community grounds as assigned.
- Performs routine maintenance duties to complete all service requests for repair and maintenance of all grounds, buildings, apartment homes, equipment and vehicles in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Routine maintenance duties may include: fixing wall and/or floor coverings; repairing furniture and fixtures; performing basic plumbing work; performing minor electrical repairs; repairing appliances; painting and refurbishing projects, working with heating and air systems, refrigeration systems, carpet and hard surface maintenance and make ready rooms as assigned.
- One year maintenance experience.
- Ability to be on call if needed.
- Has a general understanding of systems including: plumbing, electrical, mechanical and code compliance.
- Possess a general understanding of OSHA, fire prevention, life and safety regulations.
- Ability to respond to emergency calls outside of scheduled work hours.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication.
- Competent in organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills.
In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Discovery offers a comprehensive benefit package.
Eligible team members are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off and paid holidays. Team members are eligible to participate in our outstanding 401(k) plan with company match our Employee Assistance Program and accident insurance policies.
Thank you for your interest in Discovery Senior Living careers. If you have any questions about the position you are applying for, please contact the community directly.