Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
This person should have a proven ability to influence and make key decisions - and thrive - in a highly matrixed environment. This role will require a strong partnership across all functional areas, lines of business and support areas (business owners, risk owners, etc.) to drive clear and transparent execution and reporting.
Job Description: The First Line of Defense (FLOD), M&A Integration Support Manager in the First Line of Defense Center of Excellence (FLOD COE), under Global Customer Complaints & Internal Controls (GCCI), will be required to:
- Support the development and execution of new acquisition integration plans for GCCI
- Identify the impacts and requirements for successful integration of new acquisitions with GCCI functional areas
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure key milestones are met and escalate any deviations from the integration plan and/or timelines in a timely manner
- Participate in various meetings with key workstream stakeholders to ensure appropriate risk and compliance expertise is provided throughout the integration process, as needed
- Prepare and provide updates on the progress and status of new acquisition integration on a regular basis or as otherwise needed
- Maintain detailed roadmaps for each integration plan
- Participate and lead post-integration evaluations to identify opportunities for improvement and advancement of GCCI integration maturity. Incorporate any learnings into the appropriate procedures and playbook as needed.
- Support various risk management projects and initiatives as assigned for multiple business units
- Other initiatives as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years relevant experience required. Minimum of 2 years work experience directly related to Operational Risk and project management
- Advanced knowledge of compliance requirements, internal controls and process and operational risk practices, including strong project management skills
- Establish global relationships with business units, support groups throughout the organization. Work with peer leaders to leverage best practices, understand new trends and contribute to the implementation of process improvements
- Possess sound judgment, flexibility, and nimbleness in changing courses and solving problems swiftly.
- Persistently manages problems effectively; deals with challenges constructively and positively; maintains productivity and high-performance levels under pressure
- Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Ability to multitask effortlessly and manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, manage projects and drive/achieve results.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Operate with strong integrity with the ability to handle projects of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Ability to develop and present senior leader level communications
- “Dealing With Ambiguity” - Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- “Command Skills” - Relishes leading; takes unpopular stands if necessary; encourages direct and tough debate but isn’t afraid to end and move on; is looked to for direction in a crisis; faces adversity head on; energized by tough challenges.
- “Drive For Results” - Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- “Action Oriented” - Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- “Interpersonal Savvy” - Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- “Peer Relationships” – Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all. Can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups. Can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise. Easily gains trust and support of peers. Encourages collaboration.
- “Priority Setting” - Spends his/her time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- “Process Management” – Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done, understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow, and can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can’t.
- “Comfort Around Higher Management” – Can deal comfortably with more senior managers, understands how senior managers think and work and can craft approaches likely to be seen as appropriate and positive.
- Excellent medical and dental benefits
- Competitive salary
- Savings plans with company match / Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous time off policies
- Ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and support to help you realize your full career potential
- Community fundraising and volunteer opportunities
- PayPal’s sabbatical program provides four weeks of paid time off after every five years of service.
- Active social groups
Travel Percent: 0
Primary Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States of America
Additional Locations: Omaha, San Jose
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at .