RN required, BSN or combination of equivalent degree and experience preferred.
CNML, CMSRN, CCRN, or CEN or plan to achieve within 12 month of accepting position preferred.
At least 3-5 years hospital nursing experience and additional. supervisory/charge/preceptor/leadership experience required.
Studer or other customer service/team building experience preferred.
California Registered Nursing License; current, active and in good standing.
Current BLS Certificate
- 24 hour responsibility, accountability, and administrative authority for all patient/resident care activities, departmental operation, and staff functionality and demonstrates ability to sustain accountability for department wide support of department and organizational quality metrics, performance improvement, and pillar goals.
- Demonstrates ability to provide for department wide staffing/scheduling, lunch and break relief, time clock, staff meetings, orientation, education, competencies, hiring, disciplinary action, coaching, evaluations and adherence to organization wide regulation, accreditation, policies and procedures at all times.
- Establishes a mechanism to assure that the nursing process is implemented, documented, and provided by professionally skilled personnel on assigned units, utilizing sound management principles essential in achieving quality patient care based on age/growth and developmental specific needs; including continual evaluation of the quality of patient/resident care.
- Proficiently uses critical thinking skills and evidenced based practice in the nursing process in supervision of department staff, with all care levels as indicated/assigned - acute, skilled, swing, and observation - providing leadership in emergent or crisis situations.
- Identifies opportunities to meet the learning needs of staff, patient, resident, and family, overcoming identified barriers to learning; Demonstrates awareness of legal issues in all aspects of patient/resident care and hospital operation; Responds appropriately and assists staff when confronted with ethical dilemmas; initiates chain of command for resolution as needed;
- Observes staff for appropriate knowledge and compliance with confidentiality standards and takes action for non-compliance;
- Maintains thorough working knowledge and assures implementation of regulatory standards (e.g. OSHA, and other state / federal agencies). Assures readiness for surveys, planned or unplanned and coordinates any follow-up activities for all units of responsibility.
- Leads and develops department wide maintenance of a strong culture of patient/resident and clinical staff safety with balanced accountability as described by the principles of Just Culture.
- Demonstrates and ensures sustained department wide proficiency navigating through Orchard Hospital Health Information Systems (HIS) including Chart Access, Point Click Care, LIS, Omnicell, RIS, Nova Glucometer, ISTAT, ELearning, and Orchard Hospital Policies and Procedures.
- Lead and develop Nursing Department standards of excellence to meet and exceed nationwide benchmarks for Core Measure, Patient Experience and unit specific Metrics, including Bedside Shift Report, Leader and Patient Rounding, Satisfaction Surveys, and other evidenced based processes to support Orchard Hospital’s CARE Culture of Excellence.
- Collaborates with CNO and Senior Leadership to develop, complete, and support department budget, quality indicators, infection prevention and control, safety, and compliance.
- Demonstrates effective communication with members of the health care team to achieve desired outcomes; attends and participates in all required in-service training and mandatory meetings.