Are you looking to further sharpen your burgeoning cloud software development skills? If you're hungry to leverage your existing cloud expertise, develop new cloud-based capabilities, and learn from our existing cloud subject matter experts, we have the right upcoming position for you!
We are looking for a junior cloud-savvy developer to sign up for our team on an upcoming large program bid, joining the new program once we win the effort. One the work starts, you'll get to rapidly build and deploy new cloud-based capabilities that will be immediately used by the operational teams to make a difference in improving our nation's security. This is true Agile development, where you'll be developing new capabilities (not just maintaining or productizing other's work), passing them directly to operational users to help execute their mission (with these users sitting in your same spaces), and truly witnessing the mission successes of your developed capabilities.
Before the work starts, we'll enroll you in our Preparation, Engagement, and Training (PET) program, where we will help:
- Prepare you for the future opportunity by sharing technology tips and information, knowledge about the work environment and ways you can best come in and hit the ground running, and information to continue to hone your existing skills and even gain new ones to ensure you're ready for this challenge.
- Engage you regularly, keeping you abreast of all the great things you'll get once you start at Parsons, inviting you to special events just for folks in our PET program, and giving you a chance to experience our amazing culture and engage with our subject matter experts, managers, and other PET program members. Yes, we've even found great ways to engage you safely during the current pandemic!
- Train you for your future. You'll get invited to our bi-monthly Cyber Capture The Flag events (that we’ve been running for over 4 years now), PET Program-only tech talks and interactive training events, Parsons-generated offline training classes / videos, and access to our cloud-acceleration program to help accelerate your cloud software development skills to the next level.
- A BS in Computer Science or an equivalent field (or 4 years of equivalent experience)
– 1+ year of experience with cloud technologies (like Map Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc)
– Active TS/SCI + Poly
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.