What You'll Do
- Project manage sophisticated and large scale cross-team initiatives. Collaborate with engineering managers and engineers to estimate work efforts, define achievements, and handle resources. Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks, and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders. Engage and energize the project teams to achieve ambitious goals.
- Proactively remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Identify communication gaps, handle issues, and provide support to teams balancing contending priorities. Get results proactively.
- Understand technical implementation at the architecture level and propose technical alternatives when vital. Ask questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be highly effective. Develop broad domain and technical knowledge.
- Help lead the strategic and business planning process, leading conversations with key stakeholders to develop critical initiatives, and developing those into detailed program/project plans (including roadmaps, funding planning, resource planning, and hiring goals).
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a program/project manager or engineering manager in a software, hardware, or robotics environment.
- Proven experience implementing process, workflow, and development phase gate concepts where none existed.
- Proven technical ability to understand technical designs, challenges, and risks. Engineers enjoy working closely with you. Ideally a background in software engineering, hardware or systems engineering.
- Excellent communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence. Ability to influence and empower people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
Here at Uber's Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are on a mission to bring safe, reliable self-driving transportation to everyone, everywhere. We are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Toronto, and Boulder are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. We are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
Our Technical Program Management team coordinates delivery of strategic programs to the business. Our programs are an independent source of truth for the organization. We ensure that timely decisions are made and that data and risk are well understood and managed. In the course of delivering programs, we drive continuous improvement within teams and growth of organizational capabilities. We are building the execution platform that will deliver self-driving to the world.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have a curiosity, passion and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing .