Careers that Change Lives
Change begins with you. We look for bold ideas and fresh insights - that's what drives innovation. Come drive the future of healthcare with us.
The Cardiac and Vascular Group brings all of our cardiac and vascular businesses together into one cross-functional, collaborative operating unit to employ the full breadth of our talent, technologies, products, services, and solutions to address the needs of customers and patients across the globe.
This position will develop advanced digital IC simulation verification and high-level modeling methodologies to enable rapid design cycle times with highest accuracy. Provide proactive technical expertise to digital IC design teams in moving through the digital IC implementation process. Drive the global implementation of new flows, processes, tools and environments to increase designer productivity, product reliability & manufacturability and design quality. The position will also involve working closely with R&D teams to advance the state-of-the-art Digital IC development process. Develop software/scripts to facilitate efficient use of the tools in support of a global customer base. Proactively understand the needs of the businesses and ensure timely implementation of environment to meet project needs. The position will be based in Minneapolis, MN.
Day in the Life:
Create and maintain global electrical design automation environments. Provide direct support for tools and methodologies, assertion-based methods, multi-level simulators, prototyping tools, high-level modeling tools and their associated environments as well as support physical IC implementation services. Assist in the development of core IC designer competencies.
- Develop advanced simulation verification methodologies.
- Deliver methodology training and proactive support to design community.
- Perform tool installs, upgrades, set-up and license management.
- Integrate tools into Medtronic specific tool flows.
- Validate & production release software
- Use problem solving skills to debug tool issues
- Point of contact for interfacing with tool vendors and projects
- Facilitate vendor tool training and provide tool flow training
- Provide direction on technical computing resources
- Provide budget input for tools and maintenance
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- 4+ years' experience in digital IC design, high-level modeling and advanced verification capabilities.
- Experience automating, supporting and running AMS and Verilog simulations.
- Working knowledge of scripting with Python, Perl, TCL, Cadence SKILL and C/C++.
- Emphasis on the application of CAE processes and tools for accurate, high quality flows and designs to support projects.
- Strong knowledge of digital simulators (e.g. Cadence - Xcellium; Synopsys - CustomSim/XA)
- Strong knowledge of Verilog, Spectre/Spice, and Verilog AMS languages
- Real number modeling and low power design experience a plus
- Working knowledge of digital simulators (Incisive, VCS)
- Working knowledge of design configuration management tools and flows (SVN and/or Perforce preferred)
- Working knowledge of Cadence Virtuoso (schematic capture, layout) and Mentor Calibre LVS, xRC, DRC
- Working knowledge of ERC tools and flow
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service focus. Works with a sense of urgency.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of/with System Verilog, Specman e, System C languages
- Working knowledge of assertion-based verification (formal & dynamic) and coverage driven-constrained random verification.
- Knowledge of RTL Emulation/Acceleration tools/technology.
- Working knowledge of UVM, VMM verification methodologies, functional & code coverage
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
- Posting Date: Oct 27, 2020
- Travel: No