ID 2020-11374 Job Locations US-MI-Grand Rapids | US-Any Location Category Engineering Job Type Regular/Permanent Job Time Full-Time Experience Level Senior Level Education Level Bachelors Degree Travel % 50 Shift Schedule Standard Posting Date 2 months ago(7/7/2020 9:45 AM)
Dematic is an intralogistics innovator that designs, builds and supports intelligent, automated solutions for manufacturing, warehouse and distribution environments for customers that are powering the future of commerce. With engineering centers, manufacturing facilities and service centers located in more than 25 countries, Dematic’s global network of 8,000 employees have helped achieve more than 6,000 worldwide customer installations for some of the world’s leading brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, supply chain solutions and related services, and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
Dematic is searching for a Mechanical Engineer in our Grand Rapids, MI office. The successful candidate will have 10+ years of experience, with 5+ years working with the application of material handling solutions, including mechanical design and machine control, with a good understanding of warehouse control software and operational considerations.
Role Description: The Principal Engineer is a key member of the Solutions Development Team, and is the go-to person for department processes and problem solving complex solutions. This team member utilizes a consultative approach with internal and external customers and adds value to our customer’s solutions by leading the development of innovative solution design. A high bias to action, understanding customer needs, creative thinking, communication & collaboration skills are essential for success; customer focus is the guiding principle.
- Bring coordination, oversight, and technical leadership to Solution Development processes
- Lead tool and process development
- Resolve issues related to project execution
- Resolve issues related to process and execution
- Accountable for the quality of process content and process rules
- Participate in making change decisions
- Lead recommendations for ideas related to productivity improvement, cost reduction, and improvement in customer satisfaction
- Lead complex technical interchange and knowledge transfer for both processes and application of products
- Guide and advise management and other groups on technical, systems or process related topics
- Collaboration with peers within the entire organization
- Develop and test new tools and models
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required
- Master's or other advanced degree in Engineering preferred
- PMP preferred
- CSM preferred
- 10+ years of experience (5+ years of industry experience)