Responsible for helping to achieve ongoing guest satisfaction by maintaining cleanliness and sanitation of guest rooms including, reporting room status discrepancies and maintenance problems to supervisor.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean rooms/suites as assigned by Director/Supervisor.
- Responsible for any assigned keys.
- Vacuum and sweep carpets and floor.
- Dust and vacuum furniture.
- Dust and clean room decorations, appliances and structural surfaces.
- Change linen and make beds.
- Clean showers, tubs, sinks and bathroom items.
- Remove used guest amenities and supplies, and replenish as necessary per specific brand standards.
- Replace room literature and other items as directed by Director/Supervisor per specific brand standards.
- Empty wastebaskets and replace wastebasket liner.
- Inspect rooms for safety hazards and for the operating condition of equipment.
- Check for damaged or soiled linens, replace as necessary.
- Report all lost and found articles and maintenance issues to a supervisor.
- Report all “Do Not Disturb” and “Refused Services” to supervisor.
- Maintain storage rooms and stock carts.
- Transfer dirty linen from housekeeping cart into laundry cart.
- Provide information to guests about hotel services, facilities and other amenities.
- Respond to requests from guests for assistance and information about the local area.
- Prepare rooms for guest arrival and respond to special requests from guests.
- Check with supervisor upon completion of room assignments, before leaving for the day.
- Assist with preventive cleaning programs as assigned.
- Adhere to all fire, safety and security procedures according to company policies.
- Perform additional assignments as required.
- One year previous housekeeping experience preferred.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, lift, push, carry and pull up to 50 lbs.
- Requires reaching overhead, climbing, crouching, and twisting.
- Must be detail oriented.