Key West, FL, US
Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands powered by optimism, innovation, and inclusivity.
Retail Job Description
Reports to: Store Manager
Selling and Service
- Understands organizational objectives and makes decisions that align with the Company priorities and values
- Creates personal sales and clienteling strategies in partnership with the management team
- Meets customer needs through solution-oriented and forward thinking
- Builds credibility and trust as a personal fashion advisor by communicating fashion awareness and trends in the marketplace
- Creates positive impressions with store team and customers by bringing best self to work through elevated, sophisticated, appropriate business attire consistent with Coach’s guide to style
- Demonstrates Coach’s Selling and Service expectations at all times
- Influences customers’ purchase decisions by balancing patience and assertiveness
- Takes ownership and commitment for delivering results; actively aware of personal and store metrics and achieves goals
- Flexes personal selling techniques to contribute to overall store financial results
- Demonstrates persuasive (not aggressive), confident, friendly and genuine service skills and selling behaviors
- Discusses product features and builds the sale by suggesting appropriate add on items to fit the customers’ specific needs
- Follows up with customers consistently and genuinely to influence/close the sale
- Develops product knowledge skills and remains aware of current collections
- Demonstrates knowledge of competition and can apply that knowledge to building sales and customer relationships
- Sensitive to customers’ needs and tailors approach by reading cues
- Builds lasting and loyal relationships with customers
- Ensures all daily tasks are completed without negatively impacting service or Coach standards
- Meets or exceeds personal productivity goals (selling or processing)
Workplace and Environment
- Creates enthusiasm and positivity for a shared vision and mission
- Fosters an environment of teamwork, trust and collaboration with peers, customers and supervisors
- Demonstrates confidence when working with customers
- Takes initiative; has a high-level of ownership and accountability for individual results
- Welcomes feedback and adapts behaviors as appropriate
- Represents Coach as a brand ambassador at all times
- Is adaptable and flexible to change
- Maintains a calm and professional demeanor at all times
- Creates short and long-term strategies to achieve personal metrics and performance goals
- Utilizes Company tools to keep self-informed
- Handles and offers solutions to customer issues appropriately and involves a manager when necessary
- Promotes and endorses a team selling environment
- Completes daily operational tasks including maintaining store (sales floor and backroom), cash wrap and visual merchandising to Coach standards consistently and in a timely manner
- Adheres to all retail policies and procedures including POS, Operations and Loss Prevention procedures
- Leverages Coach’s tools and technology to support relationship building and clienteling efforts; including to drive sales and achieve individual goals
- Replenishes inventory on sales floor as needed
- Processes shipment/transfers as needed and within Coach standards and timeframes
o Scans cartons/transfers and verifies store information is correct
o Processes shipment/transfers according to Coach’s productivity standards and timeframe
o Sensoring product to standard
o Bullets and retickets products as appropriate
o Sends out repairs
o Processes charge sends/charge holds
o Prepares and conducts cycle counts
o Manages delete lists
o Answers phones
o Utilizes walkies and communicates with the Operation Leader when applicable
o Maintaining SKU integrity
o Maintains Cashwrap organization and cleanliness
o Conducts email/name capture
o Accurately completes each transaction by identifying sales associate productivity without disrupting the service environment
o Creates a lasting impression by thanking the customer and giving them a reason to return
Experience: 1- 3 years of previous selling experience in a luxury retail service environment preferred. Possesses current knowledge of fashion trends and competition in the marketplace.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
Technical: Knowledge of cash register systems, basic computer skills (including the ability to use iPad/laptop, Mobile POS and Internet), utilize walkies, understand and read shipment reports, price sheets and product release sheets.
Physical: Ability to communicate effectively with customer and team. Mobility to maneuver the sales floor and stock room to provide and support customer service. Reach above/bend to obtain product for customers from store fixtures/shelves at various heights and climb ladders/stairs/step-stools to perform visual merchandising and housekeeping duties. Ability to frequently lift and carry up to five pounds and at times lift and carry product/cartons up to fifty pounds to process product shipment/transfers.
Schedule: Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights, weekends, busy seasons, and high retail traffic and sales days (including but not limited to the day after Thanksgiving, Memorial Day, Christmas Eve, Mother’s Day, etc.).
Note: This document serves only as a sample of the job duties and responsibilities and does not include an exhaustive list of all performance requirements.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Req ID: 83960
Nearest Major Market: Key West
Job Segment: Seasonal, Merchandising, Outside Sales, Brand Ambassador, Retail, Sales, Marketing