Our Client is seeking a Linux System Engineer to support their team in Fort Meade, MD. You must hold an active Secret Clearance to qualify.
- Support the development, testing, deployment, documentation and maintenance of the Linux infrastructure within the JRSS architecture.
- Provide Tier 3 operations support for JRSS Linux systems.
- Implement, test and evaluate upgrades, perform patching, STIG'ing, and troubleshoot system issues.
- Support the design, development, test, and deployment of the JRSS Linux based systems as required for new or upgraded functionality.
- Develop documentation as required to operationalize new or updated capabilities. Deploy systems into production.
- Requires a BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant experience. Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- You must hold an active Secret clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret per program requirements
- You must hold a current IAT II 8570 Certification (Security+ce or CISSP preferred)
- Understanding of Linux Server design, configuration and administration
- Scripting experience
- Significant experience administering Linux servers
- Experience with Puppet
- Experience with NFS, NTP, Syslog, RHEL Linux, Satellite
- Experience with DISA STIG
- Experience with Active Directory and LDAP
- Good understanding of Linux internals (system calls, file systems, processes, etc.)
- Ability to write scripts to complete repetitive tasks using open source programming languages such as Shell script Python, Bash, Ruby, and/or Perl
- Familiarity with RDBM systems such as Oracle
- Virtualization technologies including RHEV, VMware, vSphere, or Citrix Xenserver
- Good understanding of ports and protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, SSH, NFS)
- Experience with network storage such as SAN and NAS, specifically Client and EMC products