Job #: 1088712
Interested? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Houston, Texas (Remote to start)
Duration: Contract to Hire
The API Software Engineer will perform complex systems analysis, design and development programs. They will play an active role as a consultant and individual contributor on all parts of the application architecture. They must provide analytical advice in identifying and implementing new IT uses in order to help clients and the company reach strategic objectives. They often collaborate with IT, operations and development staff through the software development life cycle. Finally, they must maintain a smooth-running operation through identifying and recommending improvement processes.
- Ensures commercially viable database product lines through direct customer interaction, market research, competitive analysis, and partnership with the Solution Architect
- This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of application software development, as well as demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing, and running projects in a dynamic environment.
- Must have a demonstrated track record of delivering test automation, quality requirements, designing functional and performance test suites and producing deliverables that exceed commitments.
- Responsible for the architecture of test automation solutions, determining current limitations and compatibilities between systems, the selection of new concepts and methodology, and the development of major routines and utilities.
- Reviews and critiques technical requirements and software design specifications and software implementation instilling best practices for test suite automation and frameworks and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedules
- Develops new API features to serve web and mobile clients
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensures the technical feasibility of the product API
- Optimizes application core components for maximum speed and scalability
- Delivers scalable, test-able, and reliable applications and components
- Be a champion of our agile culture
- Bachelor's or Master's degree level or equivalent
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate (nice to have)
- ITIL Service Management Foundation certification (nice to have)
- SAFe for Teams (nice to have)
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon AWS
- Proficient in modern software design patterns, automated testing and fault-tolerant systems
- Proficient in designing scalable and and maintainable IT architecture, large scale data stores and cloud-based systems
- Proficient in building scalable data pipelines and scalable domain specific languages
- Proficient in modern API and User Interface development using modern web and mobile frameworks Proficient in C#, Python, TypeScript and all .Net frameworks
- Proficient in using the Atlassian suite of tools including JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket Proficient in CI/CD, DevOps, and agile ways of working including the common practices of Scrum, Kanban, KanPlan, and ScrumPlan
- Proficient in Git code versioning including branching and merging to enable continuous integration and continuous delivery methodologies
- Proficient in performing the system level integration tests (both manual and automated), Cross Browser testing, Load Tests, Data Driven Tests
- Proficient in writing test cases and test plans
- Proficient in performing Load, Performance and API testing for highly scalable systems
- Able to develop and test own code throughout the software testing pyramid
- Able to learn and adapt quickly to AWS and Azure roadmap and technology changes
- Able to build and maintain Software Test Automation Frameworks including driving processes and improving and simplifying QA Process.
- Able to design and automate test cases to validate complex software systems including white-box and blackbox tests and develop supporting testing tools.
- Able to create software tools to perform verification and regression tests for modern Web UI and Serverless application architectures built using the latest technology like the ASP.NET Core 2.
- Able to think critically, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills while considering the big picture
- Understands various software architectures and implement the test solutions for Web Forms, MVC, WebAPI using ASP.NET, Dockers & Containers, Micro-Services, Serverless, and AWS and Azure REST APIs.
- Can learn fast, demonstrate the aptitude for continuous learning, out-of-the box thinking and able to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities at any given time
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or 844-463-6178.