We are currently seeking an ATE Software Engineer to provide TPS SW development for multiple business units, including DataBus, Power Control, and Motion Control. The ideal candidate will have a strong Electrical Engineering background and the ability to design, develop, and deploy complex C/C++ and Visual Basic test applications. We are looking for someone with expertise in Commercial Instrumentation, Military Interface protocols, and high performance data acquisition and control.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide hardware support for Signal Generators, Switches/Relays, Function/Waveform Generators, Data Acquisition and Control Systems, DMMs, High Voltage P/Ss, Analog I/O, Digital I/O, National Instruments PXI/VXI.
- Conduct Test Method/Solution Development, Test Plan/Procedure/Requirements Development, Data/File Transfer, Distributed I/O, Testability, Schematic Interpretation, Equipment Specification Review and Selection, Digital Communications, Hardware Driver Development, Software Driver Development, Engineering Development Support Equipment, Production/Manufacturing Test Equipment Support, Qualification Support, Verification Test Support.
- Perform troubleshooting and failure mode analysis, digital communication, timing synchronization, and closed loop feedback.
- Coordinate development of Standard Platform and Common Test Executive tools.
- Train and mentor Junior Engineers.
- Collaborate with program teams and customers.
- Prepare and present technical packages and reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field.
- Test Equipment SW development experience.
- Able to generate high quality test sequences, validation sequences, calibration sequences, and test reports, as well as, estimates, design review material, and professional presentation packages.
- Competency in conventional test instrumentation and VXI / PXI technology.
- Software knowledge in VB6, VB.Net, C/C++, Word/Excel Automation, SQL, SQL Automation, Visio, AutoCAD, Altium/Orcad, Adobe Acrobat.
- Interface Protocol Knowledge; IEEE-488, I²C, SPI, USB, 1553, CAN, RS-485/422/232, Serial, TCP/IP, Ethernet, J-TAG
- Product Knowledge; Hybrid Technology, Power Control Systems, Digital Databus Components, Resolver / Synchro Components, Memory Components