The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for utilizing Lean and Six Sigma techniques to evaluate existing process and configuring manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve efficiency and develop and implement best practices within the production process.
- Provide project leadership and support to manufacturing on Continuous Improvement, Lean Manufacturing Initiatives & Cost Reduction projects
- Lead teams to investigate identified quality issues and implement cost effective solutions into the manufacturing process.
- Evaluate and implement Lean manufacturing lines to support new product launches and engineering changes on existing products.
- Oversee and conduct Time Studies and Line Balancing investigations to maximize production efficiency, output and quality.
- Develop and implement systems and process that optimize all phases within production line with a focus on continuous improvement, efficiency and cost reduction.
- Review existing designs for potential manufacturing efficiency opportunities feasibility & suggest changes to the design to reduce cost.
- Build strong relationships with vendors, team members, suppliers, and project teams.
- Must demonstrate leadership, teamwork, collaboration, creativity, and innovation.
- Optimize use of floor space, materials, personnel, and equipment.
- Support manufacturing production teams to improve efficiency and resolve issues.
- Analyze existing operations and propose cost justified improvements.
- Optimize employee production and materials efficiency through continuous improvement.
- Responsible for project management on various fronts: Design Transfer, Product transfers, Capital asset justification and procurement; process validation, manufacturing support from pre-production through product lifespan; equipment layout, problem solving, nonconformance investigation, process design and process improvements.
- Evaluate and design ergonomic workstations and material handling systems.
- Bachelor’s degree of Science in Industrial, Manufacturing, or Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in an industrial environment
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification.
- Demonstrated track record leading Lean Six Sigma projects
- Ability to lead and function in a team environment, while effectively communicating across various levels of the organization within the white space.
- Strong team player with an ability to be hands on when necessary.
- Knowledge of Automation Engineering and/or Robotics Engineering highly preferred
- Program/project management experience required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing complex foam products preferred.