The Marketing Communications Manager acts as the funnel for internal and external marketing communications for People 2.0. In collaboration with the Vice President of Marketing, they are responsible for creating and refining the company’s overall communications strategy, which includes the branding of the company or its clients. The Marketing Communications Manager will draft written material form marketing campaigns, collateral, website and social media.
- Facilitate the creation and dissemination of promotional material and communications for People 2.0, its product and brand
- Ensure consistency in People 2.0’s messaging to both internal and external customers.
- Promote and refine SEO strategy in digital content
- Creates materials that drive leads and conversions
- Executes marketing communication strategies across multiple platforms including social media, email, website, collateral, and video to support People 2.0’s marketing campaigns
- Customizes messaging to ensure relevance and accuracy for each of the regions and lines of business across the enterprise
- Adheres to writing and grammatical guidelines of the Chicago Manual of Style to ensure consistency and quality of content
- Creates and maintains a content calendar to identify campaigns, events, webinars, newsletters, etc. and socializes internally to People 2.0 staff
- Manages the content library to ensure materials are comprehensive, up to date, and available to internal stakeholders
- Updates company website with information related to events, collateral, blogs, etc.
- Works with graphic design staff to help create artwork for social media, posters, promotional advertising, collateral and other partner companies
- Partners with sales and operations teams to create data sheets and include in marketing materials
- Partners with colleagues in People 2.0’s global brands to create content that reflects regional nuances while ensuring brand consistency
- Assists in creating content for proposals including customer success stories, case studies, company overviews, value proposition responses
- Assists in creating scripts and storyboards for podcasts, webinars and videos
- Assists with market research as needed to support communications projects
- Assists in creating internal communications in collaboration with other departments – HR, legal, client services, etc.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations or Communications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience overseeing a communications program for a B2B organization
- Experience in the human capital industry highly preferred
- Experience having strategic oversight of a communications program for an international sales driven organization
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills; ensures that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed
- Self-starter who works independently and in a team environment
- Experience working successfully in a remote work environment
- Manages multiple projects from start to finish with a sense of urgency and follow through.
- Thorough, detail oriented, organized, with excellent time management skills
- Ability to collaborate with senior leaders and subject matter experts to develop thought leadership pieces that accurately convey the brand’s value proposition
- Ability to guide and consult internal staff on best practices of writing in various channels including blogs, emails, social media, digital ads
- Experience using: Salesforce/Pardot, WordPress, SEMrush