The Electrical Engineer will be focused on evaluating and developing future technologies for TTi Floor Care. This position will reside in the Charlotte, N.C. Center of Excellence Electrical Engineering team.
- Assessment of emerging technology market space and fit within consumer home product initiatives.
- Evaluation of key technologies, maturity level, and reliability for product verticals
- Development of technology from feasibility to mass production
- Design and develop prototype electronic systems for evaluation, including schematic entry and printed circuit board layout.
- Establish and execute test regimens for evaluation of new technology inclusive of product testing, for safety, reliability, durability, and performance.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field required.
- Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years product design and development with 3+ years of experience in sensor applications and embedded design
- Strong understanding of theoretical electronics supporting DFMEA and reliability studies.
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical and electrical test equipment and programs to include: Data-loggers, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, power analyzers and other bench-top equipment.
- Experience and familiarity with embedded communications such as SPI, I2C, CAN, LIN, and other serial communication protocols.
- Experience and familiarity with modern programming languages such as C/C++.
- Experience and familiarity with SPICE based circuit simulation, Altium, magnetic simulation software such as Ansys Maxwell, and Simulink/MATLAB preferred.
- Experience and familiarity with any of the following:
- Lithium ion Batteries and Battery management systems
- Magnetic sensing application utilizing hall sensor, magnetoresistive sensors, magnetometers.
- Motion sensing applications utilizing gyroscopes, accelerometers, and barometers.
- Inductive measurement applications.
- Touch-based applications utilizing technologies such as resistive touch and capacitive touch.
- Current sensing applications
- BLDC motor control design
- Positive and self motivated; team player; strong work ethic; high integrity.
- Ability to travel 10%
- Occasional lifting to 50 lbs.
- Occasional standing and walking.
- Regular typing on a keyboard.
- Occasional stooping and bending.
- Vision abilities: close vision.
Date Job Posted:
Aug 19, 2020