We’re looking for a full-time Sales Manager to lead a team of talented salespeople in our Chicago office. You’ll be taking over an established team of Account Executives who have a proven record of success. Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Merchant Partnerships, you’ll play a crucial role in our sales strategy and execution.
At PerkSpot, we work with America’s top employers to offer the best perks and discounts to millions of employees These exclusive savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows their employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about their company. We help employees from over 800 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing. Our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. As we continue, we’re proud of our leadership position in the industry, but we’re committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. In 2018, our company announced an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. This next stage of growth will focus on expanding our use of technology -- specifically machine learning and AI -- to consistently put the right perks in front of the right people, at the right time.
About the Role
As the frontline leader of our sales team, you will be responsible for motivating, mentoring, developing and coaching our Account Executives to improve performance and hit aggressive company growth targets. A good leader will achieve their objectives through effective planning & goal setting, ongoing coaching, training, and impeccable execution.
With aggressive year-over-year growth, there is great upward mobility for career-motivated people at PerkSpot. The compensation package is generous and set up so that a top performer is amply rewarded. There will be some travel with this job, as well as a competitive base, commission, and draw. This position is based in Chicago, IL.
A successful candidate will have:
- 2+ years experience leading teams that have experienced significant growth
- The ability to hire high performing salespeople
- Strong ability to mentor and coach reps into high performers
- Ability to accurately forecast future sales
- Driven, competitive and operate with a sense of urgency
- Innately curious with the desire to learn and improve
- Experience building an SDR team
- Advertising/Affiliate/Marketing sales experience
- Meet the team and learn the business.
- Meet our clients and find out why over 800 employers choose PerkSpot as their trusted discount partner.
- Meet regularly with the Sr. Dir. of Merchant Partnerships to align strategically and develop a deep rapport of trust.
- Assess Sales Techniques and identify opportunities to improve
- Identify Training Gaps and put together a comprehensive 12-month plan
- You will be integral to the success and growth of PerkSpot. You will personally oversee the most important and challenging initiatives across the sales organization.
- You will help shape and grow the sales team by setting processes and standards that help us consistently aim higher.
- Identify gaps in current team structure, and help us build and specialize roles to increase efficiency and overall effectiveness
- Plan to work hard, learn a lot, and have fun while you are doing it
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We’re a team of almost fifty people working out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly all-company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.
Powered by JazzHR