AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Maintenance Inspector I for immediate employment in our Thomaston, GA office.
This technical position will support higher level technicians and engineers in functional areas such as maintenance inspection and surveying; scheduling and status; roadway design; traffic signal equipment; traffic signalization and geometrics; materials sampling, inspection and testing. In this position, you will use decision making and use of judgment, as well as providing instructions to others.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Performs inspections, under the direct supervision of more advanced inspectors, of roadways and structure construction processes and materials to assure compliance with the maintenance contract
- May perform moderately complex inspections and conduct routine and standardized inspections under the direct supervision of more advanced inspectors; this includes inspecting asphalt and concrete for acceptable materials and mix; pavement for proper spreading, rolling, depth, alignment and compaction; roadways and structures for conformance to plans and specifications; structural materials and members; placement of culverts; structural operations such as foundation excavation; placement of piling, reinforcing and structural steel, concrete and backfill; and traffic control and erosion control devices
- Performs variety of calculations and computations
- Performs contract documentation duties which may include field measurements of pay items as well as other department required documentation
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions and overall through programs supported by company leadership. Our define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
- High school diploma
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from a four-year college
- 1+ years of progressive transportation technical experience
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and equipment used in highway construction and of mathematical functions including geometry and trigonometry
- Drafting skills
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans, contract provisions and inspection procedures
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)