Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
- Maintaining production equipment (“stewards of the equipment/process”)
- Next level of troubleshooting after shift personnel (called on by shift personnel for troubleshooting help)
- Monitoring equipment and processes
- Making process/equipment/procedure adjustments
- Manufacturing improvement identification and solutions
- Technology receivership
- Responsible for MET (Manufacturing Excellent Team) engineering support in Blankmaking
- Trend analysis (by equipment, attribute, product) & monitoring / response plans
- Equipment and process troubleshooting (3rd level; post-shift troubleshooting; including off-hours coverage)
- Concise and accurate documentation on troubleshooting steps and corrective actions
- Recommend improvements to process/equipment and drive equipment robustness
- Manufacturing improvement corrective action plans and solutions
- Provide inputs about equipment maintenance requirements & shortfalls
- Identify chronic issues and recommend corrective actions
- Identify when engineering support is required to address significant production platform / process / specification issues or changes
- Provide guidance, direction and training to MET Techs
- Work with MET Techs to drive equipment/process standardization and continuous improvements
- Supervise MET resources within MET section if applicable.
- Interface with MET resources in other sections to drive consistency and share best practices
- Interface with Engineering, OSS, IT, AMT, MTE and PPD.
- Work with Operations team including section & shift supervision, and associates as required to improve manufacturing performance.
- Technology (process/product) receivership within the community
- BS or MS degree required. Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering preferred
- 1-3 years Process engineering experience.
- Strong engineering and troubleshooting skills
- Technical skills and aptitude
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and issues effectively
- Directive and autonomous
- Decision making and prioritization
- Communication skills
- Ability to work within a team and provide training to others
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.