Putting you first
As an intern, you will gain hands-on experience at a high-growth company that values its people. You’ll earn a competitive starting wage while absorbing a culture that emphasizes collaboration, entrepreneurial thinking and quick decision-making. Start doing the best work of your life here.
We are seeking an energetic individual with an understanding of finance and accounting to help automate and operationalize current manual processes driving efficiencies. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the detailed information that is required for in depth financial analysis with an ability to translate business and technical requirements. They will then use the knowledge learned through the automation process to drive proactive analysis and reporting to support our business partners in decision making.
What you’ll do as a Financial Analyst:
- Be part of the team that will develop and spearhead the enterprise wide procurement system reporting
- Analyze and validate cost savings and/or cost avoidance in various vendor selection process and contract renewals
- Provide ad hoc financial and analytical support on vendor and technology expenses
- Assist in preparation of IT financial business plan and forecast
- Import, transform, and rationalize data from various applications
- Consolidate the forecasts/reports, analyze the trends/variances identifying business drivers behind the numbers for meaningful executive level reports and analytics, and meeting timelines and deliverables
- Benchmarks “best practices” for benefit of group; takes initiative to review and update procedures and training documents
- Bachelor degree in finance or accounting preferred
- Minimum five years of financial planning and analysis experience
- Oracle financial systems, Hyperion Essbase, and procurement software experience (i.e. Coupa) highly desirable
- Procurement and accounts payable experience helpful
- Attention to detail and being able to think outside of the box important
- Microsoft office skills required (Excel, Word, and Access)
- Ability to normalize data elements to create clear analysis of vendor proposals or internal usage data and cost elements
- Ability to identify elements and build complex analysis such as Total Cost of Ownership and “make versus buy”
- Ability to organize and aggregate large data sets and transform the data into logical groupings by category or type in MS Excel or Access
- Be open to assignments and duties that may fall out of the job description
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Are you willing to take initiative and make decisions? Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability—that’s the First Republic way.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.