The Home/Hospital Teaching Program is short-term instruction for students who are unable to attend regular classes due to properly diagnosed physical or emotional health conditions. Generally, students receive six hours per week of instruction for approximately 60 days.
- Direct and evaluate student learning experiences; and
- Provide guidance to students to promote educational development and welfare.
- Develop an academic plan for the student;
- Develop a teaching schedule with the student and parent;
- Prepare written lessons for each student meeting;
- Plan according to the instructional needs and abilities of the student; must implement IEP, if applicable;
- Relate plans to the county curriculum and to the classroom teachers’ plans;
- Develop effective strategies to deal with physical/emotional disabilities;
- Assist students with learning activities;
- Cooperate with students and staff;
- Maintain open lines of communication with students, staff, and parents; and
- Incorporate technology into lessons.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Current teacher certification is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrate knowledge of curriculum, instruction, staff development, and assessment process.
- Possess the ability to relate well with students, colleagues, parents, and staff.
Join the Abacus family of more than 25,000 employees assigned to top-rated clients, nationally. We offer meaningful and long-term employment, competitive pay rates, benefits and real opportunities for growth.
Our goal is simple; deliver comprehensive contingent labor solutions and excellent employment opportunities which will attract the highest quality talent. We are firmly committed to partnering with Clients that offer our workforce access to a positive work environment, productive culture, competitive wages and opportunities that align with our employees' professional goals.
Employment opportunities include a wide range of placement options: project-based, temporary to permanent hire, part-time, contract-basis, direct hire and on-demand placement.
We seek individuals that are flexible, possess relevant experience and a consistent work history. Abacus takes an individualized approach to hiring and placement and applicants will work directly with one of our staffing specialists to move through our apply, assessment and placement process.
The apply process starts with access and set-up to our applicant portal, completion of a brief online application, comprehensive interview, skills assessments, credential validation, background screening, pre-placement substance screening and completion of our on-boarding process. Our team of staffing specialists are available 24/7 to provide support and assistance.
Qualified applicants will have visibility and access to Abacus clients, across industries as we determine the “best fit” placement that meets your professional and personal goals. Once hired with Abacus, our workforce may move between assignments, clients and placement opportunities in expanding markets as we continue grow our service footprint, nationally.
Our goal is to attract, employ and retain a quality workforce that meets and exceeds our diverse client's expectations. We strive to be recognized as an “Employer of Choice” as we adhere to the fundamentals that have made our company strong:
- Value People
- Delight Customer
- Embrace Change
- Do Things Right
- Do the Right Thing
- Passion for Winning!