Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 30%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
SAP runs its Go-to-Market with a clear focus on industry specific needs. Therefore, the mission of this unit is to define, build and deliver industry cloud solutions that support industry core processes and enable new business model creation, with some blurring industry lines. We work with different business units within SAP but also with our ecosystem in a joint “Power couple” model to the success and growth of these solutions and SAP’s success in the Manufacturing industry overall.
Your core responsibility as a power couple will be to do all of the above for a set of solutions in the area of Industry Cloud Innovations. This includes:
- Analyzing, understanding and documenting the market requirements
- Defining solution scope, capabilities and architecture
- Working with pilot customers during definition and early adoption phase
- Managing development progress, timelines and deliverables
- Working with our field organization in the market units to build and execute a GTM plan to ensure relevance, market value and the successful adoption of Industry Cloud innovation cases in IM&C industry
- Working with our partner ecosystem to identify and manage areas of contribution both in the build and GTM of the solutions.
EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
- Thorough understanding of the Complex Industrial Manufacturing industry, key trends and opportunities, competitive landscape
- Strong customer centricity; demonstrated ability to meet with Industrial Manufacturing customers, understand their business goals and challenges; map solutions in furtherance of those goals and in relief of the challenges
- Solid experience in either SW solution management, SW development management / Application consulting
- Good understanding of the core business functions, especially complex b2b sales and in context to complex manufacturing area including market, competition, key requirements.
- Good understanding of SAP solutions and technologies with a special focus on: SAP ERP and/or SAP S/4HANA, SAP CPQ, SAP Commerce, Sales and Marketing Cloud, SAP Cloud Platform
- Experience in GTM, business development and sales support.
- Knowledge of the Complex Industrial Manufacturing Industry trends and opportunities (
5 years) * Problem solving and results orientation; strong desire to overcome obstacles and make your work benefit SAP's customers
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels
- Ability to leverage internal SAP-network across the globe
- Experience in working in global / diverse and virtual teams
- Focus on quality and excellence
- Excellent Communication Skills (Verbal, Written, Listening, Presentation)
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix environment
- Fluent English, other languages a plus
- Location: US ( Preferred Chicago, NSQ, Virtual)
Now more than ever before businesses around the world need to accelerate the transformation of core processes in a flexible way. To support this, our new business unit SAP S/4HANA Consumer Industries Cloud will focus on building new cloud products for customer in the Consumer Product, Retail, Wholesale and Life Science industries.
Taking a start-up approach, SAP S/4HANA Consumer Industries Cloud will be an incubator for new cloud applications, bringing together product strategy and management will all the necessary cloud business functions such as architecture, engineering and operations. Development in this unit will focus on cloud-native applications and has a strategic growth plan from now to 2025.
We are looking for business architects, partner development and business development managers to drive adoption with existing customers and scale with net new business
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: or , APJ: , EMEA: ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations: Virtual - USA