- Evaluation of client appropriateness for MAT
- Coordination with the treatment team and physician
- Close monitoring, prior authorization requirements
- Review the risks and benefits of the medication with the client
- Providing educational lectures to the staff and clients on MAT
- Tracking number of MAT clients
- Properly instructs and guides technicians in client care responsibilities and assignments
- Orientation of new employees to unit specific policies and procedures
- Offers constructive feedback and direction to students/interns on the unit
- Conveys accurate information in supportive and courteous manner to unit nursing and tech staff
- Seeks out supervision and direction from physician
- Completion of nursing assessments-under the direction of the RN
- Transfers, discharges, treatment plans, progress notes, medication reconciliation, medication administration, vitals
- Knowledge of detox protocols
- Assisting medical doctor as needed
- Provide medical lectures
- Report any unusual occurrences to nurse supervisor/program director promptly
- Ensure room assignments are appropriate to clients’ needs
- Attend and actively participate in departmental staff meetings
- Maintain medical equipment in proper working order
- Maintain confidentiality and proper boundaries
- Other duties as assigned.
Strong background in D&A and Co-occurring Disorders, knowledge of HIPAA laws, Confidentiality, state licensing regulations, CPR, AED and First Aid, other trainings as required. Able to effectively meet the needs of the client, positive relationships with internal and external customers and contributing to the success of the corporation.
Job-related Behavioral Characteristics:
Demonstrates professionalism, leadership, confidentiality, strong social communication skills, time-management, organized. Must possess skills to communicate effectively and interact well with people of diverse backgrounds. Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to problem solve by gathering and analyzing information, working well in an individual/ group problem solving situation, and showing initiative in problem solving. Maintains professionalism and does not show favoritism. Maintains consistency with clients, staff, visitors, and the public. Ability to handle a crisis situation and react appropriately. Flexibility and adaptable. Ability to make decisions in an objective and ethical manner. Calm and decisive in crisis situations. Ability to sustain a team environment, drive continuous improvement projects, confidentiality, excellent problem-solving skills and excellent communicator within the team framework.
Current RN or LPN license in state of practice. Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques. Awareness and understanding of regulating bodies (CARF, Office of Mental Health, DDAP, RTFA).
Medical, Vision, Dental, Life
Paid Days Off
Employee Assistant Program
Employee Referral Program