Purpose of The Position: Responsible for ensuring the safe, profitable and efficient operations for the assigned production area. Promotes the culture and values of Farwest at all times. Duties include planning, management of workflow and directing daily activities to ensure on-time delivery and quality standards. Areas of responsibility for this position are high definition plasma tables, flame tables, structural laser, saws, shipping and receiving of materials.
Major Duties: * Responsible for managing staff including coordinating hiring, training, safety orientation, cross-training, and all facets of performance management.
- Establishes production performance metrics and monitors against goal accomplishment, including on-time delivery standards and quality measures. Comprehends and uses business financial metrics including safety, ROA, expense, and budget to evaluate department performance.
- Responsible for evaluating the performance of team members and providing frequent and timely feedback. Ensures all work and attendance meets established standards and guidelines.
- Involved in planning and implementing new production processes and working to improve existing processes.
- Monitors production levels and makes recommendations to adjust staffing to correspond.
- Coordinate the production flow, reviews processing schedules and production orders daily to allocate resources accordingly. Coordinates with other warehouse supervisors to share human resources as appropriate.
- Promote safety awareness, accident investigation, and proper accident report submission.
- Maintain housekeeping standards at a high level at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 3 years previous supervisory experience required.
- Experience with plasma tables, flame tables, lasers & saws preferred
- Minimum 3 years of steel service center experience preferred.
- Prior experience in the steel distribution center is a plus.
- Ability to read blueprints. Competent in the use of MS Office and PC
- Reading, writing, math and communication skills required.
- Material handling equipment experience required.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
Farwest Steel is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Veterans
Work Opportunity Tax Credit
Farwest Steel Corporation & Affiliates participate in the Work Opportunity Tax Credit program. ADP Tax Credits administers this program on our behalf. It is vital that you follow the steps listed below in order for the tax credits to be processed. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Note: To change the language on screen please select a language from the dropdown box
- Click on Continue to begin
- Please answer each question
- Eligible candidates will be asked to Click Finish and Electronically Sign to complete the interview.
- Ineligible candidates will be asked to click Continue to finish the interview. You will not be asked to electronically sign.
Powered by JazzHR