As a Design Program Manager, you will work alongside team leads to make the design organization as effective as possible. This includes ensuring that processes related to design activities run smoothly, managing interactions between designers and other functions such as product management and development, and taking care of communication and planning concerning design projects and activities. Having a deep familiarity and appreciation of design practices and processes, you will operate at a strategic level to introduce design as a powerful tool with value to both the business and to customers.
- Collaborate with design leads, product management, engineering, and technical program management to establish and articulate standards for tools and processes
- Facilitate project prioritization, align schedules, and streamline communications in an agile environment
- Coordinate customer visits, customer interviews, usability studies and other research activities in partnership with researchers and designers
- Take care of communication, planning, briefing, and quality issues concerning design projects and activities
- Facilitate design reviews and demos for constructive feedback
- Handle the logistics of relationships with external parties including customers and vendors
- Manage risk and ensure the team has the people and resources it needs
- Support hiring and onboarding of new design team members
- Passion for connecting others and enabling them to work effectively to build an exceptional team
- Deep understanding of design practice and process in order to advocate for design and plan realistic commitments
- Experience working directly with UX designers, UX researchers, product managers, and tech leads
- Demonstrated managerial and influencing skills to ensure projects deliver as planned in an agile environment
- Minimum 4 years as a digital delivery lead, agile lead, project manager, or program manager with experience establishing programs, supporting design teams, and developing relationships
- Work with self-driving vehicles and shape the next wave of industrial technology at a leading robotics startup
- Be a part of a collaborative and creative design team that encourages growth
- Have a healthy work-life balance in a company voted top workplace in Pittsburgh with competitive benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Seegrid is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Powered by JazzHR