Phoebe Ministries is a not-for-profit, multi-facility organization and is a premier provider of high-quality nursing, housing, and rehabilitative healthcare services for older adults. As a Phoebe team member, you’re free to work in an innovative environment with a number of bright minds that let your core strengths shine.
Who is right for the job?
We are seeking compassionate, caring Licensed Practical Nurses with long-term care experience who are interested in joining our dedicated nursing team which provides the excellent quality of care Phoebe is known for at our Berks campus.
7 Paid Holidays per year
20 days Paid Annual Leave per calendar year after date of hire
**Benefit days are available for employees with a regular status of greater than 32 hours per pay period.
Responsibilities and skills crucial to success in this role: * Performs all job responsibilities in a manner which maintains the resident's rights.
- Assesses residents on an ongoing basis and analyzes obtained information to develop or revise the plan of care.
- Plans, implements, and updates individualized care plans for residents based on assessment.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the care plan developed for the resident.
- Administers medications to residents, and demonstrates knowledge of drug interactions, side effects, and incompatibilities. Administers I.V. fluids with appropriate training.
- Documents resident's progress, deterioration, changes in condition, etc. as necessary.
- Performs and documents prescribed resident treatments designated to be done by a licensed nurse.
- Abides by both institutional and State Board of Nurse Examiner's requirements in the performing of all duties.
- Reports significant changes in residents' condition to the unit manager/supervisor.
- Carefully and accurately explains all treatments to resident before performing them.
- Assumes charge responsibilities of the unit as assigned. When in charge:
- Receives report from the charge nurse on the previous shift and relays information to nursing staff; gives report to incoming charge nurse at the end of the shift; prepares the 24-hour report on computer.
- Accompanies and assists physician on rounds and informs him/her of changes in residents’ conditions; transcribes, clarifies, and implements physician’s orders.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing; current Pennsylvania license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse
- Current CPR certification
- One year of experience preferred
Successful candidates are those who can thrive in a positive and respectful customer-driven culture and exemplify the organization’s Faith in Action Mission, Vision, and Values. Phoebe is an equal opportunity employer.
Ready to get started?
Powered by JazzHR