The Electrical Engineer II assists in planning, designing and directing electrical engineering projects within the Design Department. Assignments contain specific tasks on project teams and the Electrical Engineer is expected to use their education, creativity and expertise to resolve the engineering problems and tasks as assigned. However, more experienced staff will always be available to help the Engineer when needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares design computations and quantity estimates and develops probable construction cost estimates for the smaller, less complex projects within the business unit (medium voltage power distribution, low voltage systems, fire alarm systems, backup power generation, electrical power distribution, life safety systems, etc.).
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents (AutoCAD, Revit, etc.).
- Modifies reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies and designs for project.
- Makes calculations using engineering formulas and skills for design such as lighting calculations, power distribution calculations, equipment sizing, etc.
- Creates specialized drawings such as electrical riser diagrams.
- Selects equipment based on recommendations of Project Designer/Engineer and fills out equipment schedules.
- Provides drawing for own designs and produces sketches to incorporate in drawings by drafters.
- Researches design options and document findings for Project Designer/Engineer.
- Keeps Project Manager informed of work load and any changes in project scope or additional services. Provides information to Project Manager for incorporation into specifications.
- Researches code issues and ask general questions of code officials.
- Organizes and maintains project files. Maintains a neat and organized work area which allows efficient access to information required by other team members.
- Assures that drawings and designs are in accordance with company production and design standards.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years previous engineering/design experience in the building design industry (for example: lighting systems, fire alarm systems, branch circuitry, etc.).
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited four-year College or University.
- Registered professional engineer (PE) is strongly preferred.
- Expertise in computer operation for engineering design programs and computer aided drafting (AutoCAD).
- General knowledge of Electrical system design and applicable codes.
Travel based on the project location.
This position is a safety sensitive position. The employee is designated for field work and attends activities at client sites where they work in construction, process, packaging, manufacturing, research or other "non-administrative" areas.
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing innovative and cost effective solutions for the engineering, construction, commissioning and qualification of complex pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities. With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology, trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital projects and improve operations. For over thirty years, we have applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs. Headquartered in Blue Bell, PA, IPS is a multi-national company with over 1,100 professionals worldwide and offices in California, Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Brazil, Canada, China, Ireland, Singapore, Switzerland, UK and four locations in India. Visit our website at .
Process Architecture, Process Design, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, Qualification, LEAN Project Delivery, Strategic Master Planning, Energy Conservation Management, Project Controls, Program/Project Management, Operations/Logistics Strategy and Planning, EPCMV and Staffing Services.
IPS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: IPS is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with IPS. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at IPS via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at IPS in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of IPS, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by IPS as a result of the referral or through other means.