Duties & Responsibilities
- Interpret and understand technical manuals or other documentation required to independently diagnosis and troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic faults on AAV7A1 Family of Vehicles (FOV) or similar types of vehicles.*
- Assemble, disassemble, and repair AAV7A1 FOV (or similar) equipment and systems.*
- Assist engineers in the development of engineering change proposals.*
- As a technical representative, visit Marine Corps and other service installations and bases to provide onsite inspection and repair.*
- Lead junior mechanics and helpers in the accomplishment of repair task.*
- Work with and have general knowledge of shop procedures as they relate to the maintenance and refurbishment upgrade of various military equipment and systems.*
- Possess the physical ability to perform the job while standing for long periods of time and lift 75 lbs..*
- Other duties as assigned.
- Essential function.
- High School Diploma or equivalent or be a recent graduate of military, commercial, or vocational automotive mechanical school.
- Minimum of five (5) years of AAV maintenance experience or minimum of three (3) years of AAV RAM/RS maintenance experience.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with customers, engineers and other personnel to complete the task.
- Able to perform assigned tasks with a minimum of supervision.
- Able to work in a team environment with customers, engineers, and other personnel to complete the task.
- Effective communicator to maintain continuous liaison with supported activities.
- Ability to spend short periods of time in austere field conditions.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Government Common Access Card (CAC).
- Must be able to obtain Government Vehicle Operator license within 90 days after hire.
- Able to travel on short notice.
- Background in AAV7A1 maintenance and USMC and DOD equipment desired.
- Highly knowledgeable of power tools, special tools, equipment and common tools required to make repairs.
- Knowledge of CTIS, RWS, ECM, ECU TCM, TCU, and VMS maintenance. • Knowledge of tracked vehicle maintenance.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a background check and drug testing.
Think Analytically, Observe/Examine Details, Concentrate on Tasks, Effective Verbal Communication, Remember Details, Adjust to Changes, Effective Written Communication, Interpret Data, Handle Stress/Emotions, Make Decisions, Discriminate Colors
Regular Attendance, Attend Meetings, Use Math/Calculations, Maintain Work Schedule, Meet Deadlines, Stay Organized, Keyboard/Type, Operate Equipment
Stand, Kneel, Smell, Sit, Crouch, Repetitive Motion, Walk, Crawl, Eye/Hand Coordination, Climb (Stairs/Ladders), Reach, Fine Manipulation, Push or Pull, Talk, Lifting Up to 75 Pounds Balance, Hear, Carrying Up to 75 Pounds, Bend, See, Stoop
Fumes/Mists, Mechanical Hazards, Vibration, Gases/Odors, Electrical Hazards, Sharp Objects/Tools, Dust/Dirt, Chemical Hazards, Heavy Machinery, Wet/Slippery Surfaces, Radiant Energy Hazards, Moving Parts, Humid, Noise, Extreme Temperatures, Burn Hazards
0 - 25%