Started in 2012 by Oisin Hanrahan & Umang Dua, Handy has scaled to offer cleaning, installation and assembly services across the US, Canada and the UK. Handy offers its services both direct-to-consumer via our website and mobile apps and through partnerships with some of the largest retailers in the world, including Wayfair, Walmart, Lowes, Costco and more. As of 2019, Handy is an independently operated subsidiary of ANGI Homeservices (Nasdaq: ANGI), the world's largest home services marketplace including brands like HomeAdvisor and Angie's List. This milestone is allowing us to expand to hundreds of more home services to bring the Handy experience to millions of more customers and professionals.
About the team
The Partnerships team focuses on growth through B2B2C business with retailers and multi-family building management companies. We are currently focused on working with furniture and TV retailers to offer their customers Handy services - see for more details.
About the Role
Handy is seeking a highly energetic Partner Success Associate to support in building relationships with large teams of regional leaders at some of our most essential retail partners. In this role, you will take on responsibility to support in directly managing the relationship with some of the key decision makers across the organization of one of our cornerstone retail partners. You will analyze, report and problem solve on how the partnership is performing and ultimately whether customers are satisfied.
Success will require developing strong relationships with multiple counterparts at our partner, being the face and voice of Handy to them across all topics - from the strategic vision to practical implementation - and bringing back feedback to the internal team at Handy so we can continue to improve our product and operations offering to keep the partners and their customers happy. As one of the key people in Handy's highest priority and fastest growing business unit, your ability to lead your partnership will have a direct impact on Handy's growth.
We're a startup, so we're looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, enthusiasm for our mission to transform home services, and of course, the ability to turn on a dime when necessary.
What you'll do
- Supporting in building and growing Handy's relationship with key regional leads and management across the country
- Design, present and refine Handy's value proposition to the leading decision makers at our key retail partners
- Analyze partner performance, create reports and present back to partners to ensure they are engaged, informed and supportive of the Handy partnership
- Work with regional and functional retail leads on communications and merchandising creative to ensure stores and customers understand what Handy offers
- Coordinate customer and store questions and queries - liaising with Handy Customer Service to ensure your retail partners are happy
- Test hypothesis quickly! Conduct data analysis, market research, and user research to identify opportunities.
- Work with Product and Operations to automate and standardize processes and add features based on partner feedback
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Seeking previous experience with client support or customer success, an onboarding specialist, tech support, sales development, or any similar role
- College degree
- Prior retail and/or start up experience a big plus
- Excellent communication skills and client hands - you'll be interacting with folks all day
- High organizational ability and attention to detail - you'll need to keep on top of a lot of moving parts
- A self starter who can work independently and proactively plan their own schedule
- Open to travel to stay in touch with partner management teams across the country (could be up to 70%+ travel once it is safe to do so)
- Strong comfort with quantitative skills and willingness to gain proficiency with Excel
- Ability to dig deep into processes and identify areas for improvement
- Creative problem-solver with excitement to work on cross-functional teams and projects
- A passion for retail, the sharing economy, and/or the on-demand services space
- Competitive salary and equity commensurate with experience and performance
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Monthly Handy credits
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- A fun office in the heart of the Flatiron district, always stocked with coffee, snacks and drinks; catered lunch and dinner, foosball, office events and team outings
- Ground floor opportunity with the team
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world