- Provides intervention ordered by practitioner (e.g., medication, dressings, specimen collections, and suture removals) and documents patient response
- Prepares room and equipment for procedures and assist physician as needed
- Assist with monitoring and management of patient and physician electronic messages as delegated by the provider within scope of practice
- Educates patient and provides preparation materials for diagnostic studies according to guidelines
- Maintain/update patient education materials and consent forms.
- Schedules and provides patient instruction(s) for tests, treatments and hospital admissions, following correct insurance protocol. (Ie. Pre-certification, referrals, chart documentation, etc.)
- Resolves patient concerns promptly
- Receives, prioritizes, documents and responds to incoming calls as appropriate.
- Notifies patients of lab and diagnostic test results under the direct supervision of the health care provider.
*Certified Medical Assistant by AAMA (American Association of Medical Assistants) or Registered
Medical Assistant by AMT (American Medical Technologists),
*Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (National Healthcare Association)
Los Alamos Medical Center