Works in patients home in various conditions; possible exposure to blood and bodily fluids and infectious diseases; ability to work flexible schedule; ability to travel locally; some exposure to unpleasant weather; PRN emergency call.
Prolonged standing and walking required, with ability to lift up to 50 lbs and move patients. Requires working under some stressful conditions to meet deadlines and patients needs, and to make quick decisions and resource acquisition; meet patient/family individualized psychosocial needs. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Under the direction of the RN, supplements the nursing care needs of the patient as provided by the RN and as specified in the POC.
- Assist the RN in carrying out the plan of care.
- Assist the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
- Complete appropriate clinical and progress notes, documenting outcomes of interventions.
- Provide services in accordance with organizational policies and procedures and regulations that define scope of practice.
- Assist the RN and/or physician in performing specialized duties related to end of life care.
- Prepare equipment and materials for treatment adhering to aseptic techniques as required.
- Assess patient/family response to care, ensuring communication of information to appropriate team members.
- Promote Agency philosophy and administration policies to ensure quality of care.
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of vocational nursing.
Licensure: Current state license as a Licensed Vocational Nurse, current State Driver’s License
Experience: Two years experienced as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in a clinical care setting, hospice or home health preferred
Skills: Nursing skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice. Good interpersonal skills. Proof of Hepatitis acceptance or declination
Transportation: Reliable transportation. Valid and current auto liability insurance
Regency Integrated Health Services