Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Staff Assistant to join our team of healthcare professionals at Dixon in Dixon, IL.
We're proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Under the direct supervision of the designated Wexford manager, provides general secretarial and receptionist services to the Administrative Director(s) of the Unit.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES * Performs clerical/technical duties.
- Prepares and types reports/correspondence for manager(s).
- Answers telephone, relays messages and transfers calls as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains filing system for all material.
- Schedules appointments for manager(s).
- Schedules offender appointments as requested.
- Prepares offender call/movement passes as requested.
- Collects, sorts and distributes daily mail.
- Orders and/or monitors office and/or medical supplies levels.
- Takes minutes of meetings and other dictation as requested.
- Maintains offender correspondence file.
- Secures information for responses to inquiries.
- Maintains the confidentiality of all correspondence and files.
- Coordinates or provides clerical assistance for Telehealth (videoconferencing) clinics as requested.
- Assists with organizing and/or sorting staff timekeeping and payroll if requested.
- Creates documents and/or utilizes Word and/or Excel to track different aspects of medical care as requested.
- Manipulates information within Excel to provide medical statistics or reporting.
- Uses the appropriate computer program to track patient care consistent with IDOC Administrative and Institutional Directives or other established criteria as directed.
- Refers all clinical decision making to clinical staff or immediate supervisor and at no time acts to provide clinical opinion, clinical decisions or clinical direction to patients.
- Assists with IDOC/Wexford Health reconciliation process as requested.
- Ensures confidentiality of all offender/employee medical records and/or employee personnel files. Refers to the supervisor any requests of questionable nature.
- Upon receiving the necessary training and/or instruction, perform other duties as required or assigned.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
TRAVEL: No travel required.
LICENSING: None required.
MINIMAL QUALIFICATION: Successfully passes electronic testing for Word, Excel and Basic clerical duties.
OTHER PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience meeting multiple deadlines. Must ensure documents are ready for review well in advance of any deadline.
- Ability to competently manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- Must be a "team-player" as this position requires daily coordination with other coworkers
Wexford Health Sources