Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
PayPal is seeking a Senior Business Reconciliation System Reconciliation Analyst to join the Global Finance Operations team. This position is located in Omaha, NE. The Senior Business System Analyst will manage and support data maintenance, configuration, and analytics activities for the Finance organization at PayPal.
A successful candidate must be self-motivated, have an inquiring mind and proactive nature. This candidate must have proven experience influencing and communicating effectively across all levels of the company, from individual business users to executive management. He or she should have proven ability to build relationships / partnerships and work cross-functionally to drive time sensitive deliverables, issues tracking and reporting.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Review and resolve production defect issues for business users.
- Bridge business users and the technology organizations. Lead collaborations and discussions among cross-functional teams for effective solution-building or issue-resolution.
- Starting with business questions, leverage strong analytical skills, critical thinking capabilities, and in-depth understanding of our data to collaborate with business users and engineers, brainstorm and strategize the “right” solution, initiate and document the requirements and associated functional specifications.
- Understand impact various projects and products have on the financial application and associated requirements.
- Understand, manage and maintain product development, inbound interface impacts, outbound interface maintenance and development as well as transformations of source data into the Bank Analyzer and BW on HANA environments.
- Define user stories for new product development and enhancement requests ensuring solutions to ensure end to end alignment
- Support special projects and initiatives: special projects vary from strategic initiatives to day to day operations. Support needs will vary by project and will require strong analytical and problem solving skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to prioritize deliverables and projects to meet timelines efficiently, to adapt to changes in priorities quickly and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously to drive projects to completion and deliver quality materials under tight deadlines
- 5+ years of SAP and analytics experience in payment industry, financial services and/or management consulting firms
- Data-warehouse skills in data modelling, ETL, or BI
- Experience working with cross –functional and international teams
- Advanced Microsoft excel, SQL and Business Objects skills
Travel Percent: 0
Primary Location: Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at .