Internal candidates: Please go to Workday and click "Find Jobs" link under Career
Thank you for considering opportunities with us!
Job Title Insurance Product Analyst
Requisition Number R3967 Insurance Product Analyst (Open)
Location Walnut Creek, California
Are you an experienced analyst with strong business acumen, ready to take on more leadership and provide data-driven insights to influence strategic initiatives?
At CSAA, our State Product Management team is responsible for the implementation of personal lines products in the marketplace. We are the experts on our specific markets and rely on data to identify strategies and execute initiatives to help us grow our book of business profitably while remaining competitive. You will be a problem solver who considers data from multiple sources in order to understand the drivers of our business results and influence the next steps of action.
A typical day as an insurance product analyst includes:
- Understanding and reporting on the overall performance and strategy of personal lines auto and property products in your assigned markets.
- Proactively assessing market risks and opportunities, evaluating multiple possible solutions, and leveraging data-based insights to influence the decisions of leadership.
- Leading complex analysis to develop actionable and innovative recommendations for achieving growth and profitability targets.
- Quantifying catastrophe risk and identifying risk management strategies.
- Building annual revenue plans and explaining variances to these plans.
- Working cross-functionally with partners across the organization to support the development, design, and implementation of new products, programs, and processes.
- Delivering effective presentations of findings to multiple levels of internal and external stakeholders, adapting the content as appropriate.
- Providing guidance and mentorship to junior analysts.
10%) to meet with partners in your assigned territory.
As a valued member of our community, you will:
- Join a high-profile team recognized for their abilities to deliver keen insights with facts and figures, and leverage those insights to improve product performance.
- Work for a company recognized for dedication to community. 100% of our employees take advantage of our paid time off to volunteer
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2+ years of analytical experience and/or product experience in insurance or a similar industry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to translate complex concepts into simple, actionable recommendations.
- Proven history of taking initiative and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, SAS, SQL, Visual Basic and various structured analysis and design techniques.
- Advanced product, price, underwriting and insurance regulation knowledge, with working knowledge of personal lines rate plans and product offerings.
- Pursuit or completion of industry-relevant continuing education, including graduate degrees, MBA, risk and insurance designations from The Institutes (AINS, AIC, ARM, CPCU, etc.), and actuarial exams and designations (ACAS, FCAS, CERA).
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage.
- Employee assistance, healthy pregnancy and wellness programs.
- Paid time off, plus nine paid holidays and 24 hours of volunteer time off.
- 401(k) plus company matching up to 6% and a cash balance pension program.
- Tuition reimbursement, self-service training and career development opportunities.
At CSAA Insurance Group, we take pride in our values-based culture. Helping our employees lead enriched lives and satisfying careers is how we work. Our employees appreciate the integrity and inclusion that is evident throughout our everyday interactions. We respect the diverse range of perspectives, backgrounds and cultures of our teams, and join together when it comes to helping our members, community or one another.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, our community also works in Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Jersey and Oklahoma. Learn more about us at CSAA-Insurance.aaa.com/careers
Let’s work together
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Must have authorization to work indefinitely in the US
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven research, statistical, analytical, processing and mathematical skills with ability to structure and conduct analyses
- Adaptability and the capability of multi-tasking and strong time management
- Ability to make effective formal presentations
- Proven oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of insurance, accounting and rate-making concepts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, SAS, SQL, Visual Basic and various structured analysis and design techniques
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, business, statistics, economics, computer science
- Typically 2-5 years of directly related experience
- or equivalent combination of education and experience