You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as an Ambulatory Clinical Pharmacist. You are willing to work in three different Clinic Office settings including North Shiloh, West Grand and the Mountain View Clinic
Your pharmacy knowledge is second to none: your patients feel it in the expertise you share. Families feel it in your communication. Colleagues feel it in your support.
You know when to move quickly. When to sit quietly. When to laugh loudly.
You’re generous with your thoughts, your partnerships and especially your knowledge, because your coordination of all things drug related is crucial.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. With locations throughout Colorado, Montana and Wyoming, we offer a wide variety of primary and specialty care services.
are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As an Ambulatory Clinical Pharmacist, you need to know how to:
- Be responsible for the implementation of SCL Health Pharmacy Services and SCL Health Medical Group programs and services
- Develop clinical pharmacy programs according to relevant policies and regulations
- Review records of patients to determine the appropriateness of medication therapy and identify patients for program outreach. Evaluate patient’s conditions and any barriers to medication compliance to ensure all issues are being treated
- Identify untreated health problems and refer patients to appropriate physicians or other clinical staff. Develop effective medication plans that minimize the risk of adverse side-effects
- Provide medical staff with appropriate medication information for new and existing drug therapies to support safe prescribing practices. Assess the results of pharmaceutical treatments. Collaborate with healthcare professionals to ensure optimal patient care
- Advise on the correct procurement, storage, and administration of drugs in the clinic setting
- Prescribe and discontinue medications, adjust medication doses, and order labs in accordance with any governing collaborative practice agreements with authorization from the patient’s physician
- Keep accurate documentation of medication plans and patient progress to meet requirements for efficient patient care and to support billing practices
- Support efforts to continuously improve the quality of the services being provided through participation in the collection and analysis of pertinent data, and through the development of program modifications that are driven by the analysis
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
- PharmD Degree, required
- Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in a pharmacy retail or ambulatory work setting OR completion of a pharmacy residency program, required
Now that you know more about being an Ambulatory Clinical Pharmacist on our team we hope you’ll join us. At SCL Health you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.