A Sheet Metal Helper performs general labor and sheet metal assistance to perform the day-to-day activities of the project while achieving lowest cost, adequate schedule, high quality and safety goals set by the Foreman or Sheet Metal Lead.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with layout, fabrication, assembly, installation and repairs of sheet metal products, equipment and ductwork
- Installs duct-hangers and ductwork
- Helps set up tools and equipment
- Loads and unloads construction materials from trucks into buildings
- Assists in lifting, positioning and securing of materials and devices during installation
- Measure appropriate size of sheet metal
- Cut sheet metal by hand or using power shears
- Assist journeyman in interpreting blueprints to decide where ducts will go
- Bend ducts to form shapes
- Drill holes into ducts to bolt together
- Assist journeyman sheet metal mechanic and work according to instructions given
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one (1) year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Job Posted by ApplicantPro