PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (essential functions)
- Attends meetings as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions
- Coordinates with other staff for the purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently
- Designs systems and/or projects for the purpose of meeting various district maintenance and facilities needs
- Inspects facilities, systems and their component machinery requiring skilled maintenance trades (e.g. electrical, HVAC, plumbing, security, etc.) for the purpose of identifying potential repairs, and providing an ongoing program of preventive maintenance
- Installs machinery and equipment requiring skilled maintenance trades (e.g. electrical, HVAC, plumbing, security, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining facilities in a safe, comfortable and operating condition
- Prepares documentation for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information
- Requests quotes for the purpose of providing cost information, purchasing and securing items
- Procures equipment, supplies, and materials for the purpose of maintaining availability of required items and completing jobs efficiently
- Repairs systems requiring the skills of maintenance trades (e.g. electrical, HVAC, plumbing, electronics, locksmith, mechanical, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining facilities/vehicles in safe, comfortable and operating condition
- Maintains cafeteria equipment,
- Repairs various equipment, such as water heaters, other water related equipment/system(s), toilets, urinals, drinking fountains, branch water, and gas lines for the purpose of maintaining facilities in safe, comfortable and operating condition
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns
- Transports various items (e.g. equipment, supplies, etc.) for the purpose of providing materials at job site(s) as required to complete tasks
- Assembles furniture and equipment for the purpose of providing items in working condition
- Assists other personnel with projects/work orders in areas of specialized trades and/or general maintenance, as required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of district related work tasks
- Operates a variety of equipment and tools
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge is required to perform algebra and/or geometry; read technical information, compose a variety of documents and/or facilitate group discussions; Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: pertinent codes, policies, regulations and/or laws, proficient oral and written communication for the purpose of establishing and maintaining effective working relationships. Knowledge of complex plumbing related maintenance and repair techniques and procedures, Knowledge of general safety rules and techniques, Knowledge of tools and equipment used in plumbing maintenance, and the ability to analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions.
Ability is required to schedule a significant number of activities, meetings and/or events; gather, collate and/or classify data: and consider a wide variety of factors when using equipment. Flexibility is required to independently work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing specific, defined processes; and utilizes equipment under a variety of conditions for multiple purposes. Ability is also required to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with specific, job-related data; and utilize a wide variety of types of job-related equipment. In working with others, independent problem solving is required to analyze issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is significant. Specific abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adhering to safety practices; communicating with diverse groups; and meeting deadlines and schedules.
RESPONSIBILITY: Responsibilities include: working independently under broad organizational guidelines to achieve unit objectives; directing other persons within a small work unit; and directing the use of budgeted funds within a work unit. Utilization of significant resources from other work units is routinely required to perform the job’s functions. There is some opportunity to significantly impact the Organization’s services.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: significant lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling; frequent climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling; and significant fine-finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 20% sitting, 60% walking and 20% standing. The job is performed under some temperature extremes and some hazardous conditions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or (GED) required. A minimum of 5 years related experience preferred OR an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge and skill. Bilingual preferred.
REQUIRED LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Valid Arizona Drivers License. Plumbing Certification Preferred.
Powered by Aspex Solutions - AppliTrack, Applicant Tracking for Educators. Online Job Employment Applications, Web Based Employment Applications for School Districts and Educational Institutions - You can also view at www.k12jobspot.com. K12JobSpot is a site that has thousands of teaching jobs - all from AppliTrack school districts.
Isaac School District