MITRE’s Ft. Meade cyber work program seeks an experienced and energetic senior staff member to join the department and interface with sponsor senior leadership on a variety of technical strategic and implementation plan development engagements. This position is an exciting opportunity to have significant technical impact on space and cybersecurity initiatives. The candidate will have proficiency in operational space systems such as PNT and SIBRs, sensor network architecture, and defensive cyberspace monitoring. The candidate will engage our sponsors across the Space community, collaborate with MITRE colleagues, and contribute to delivering services for our space warfighters. The successful candidate will lead MITRE’s interactions with customers, users, contractors and internal/external stakeholder communities.
- Assume a key role in developing, integrating, and implementing mission direction and objectives, providing technical implementation-level recommendations, creating solutions in support of our primary partner engagement, and executing technical solution performance with rigorous attention to detail.
- Serve in key role for building sponsor relationships, supporting customer and internal discussions as well as supporting, identifying, analyzing and implementing strategies.
- Provide agile, responsive, decisive advice on complex mission directives and strategies involving technical document preparation/presentation to sponsor leadership, and development of implementation plan to execute on strategies to support mission needs.
- Develop and maintain an extensive knowledge of space directorates and organizations to help inform the sponsor and impact mission direction and objectives
- Identify key areas of innovation and investment and provide technical recommendations through rapid prototyping for the sponsor in the space mission problem set.
- Knowledge and extensive experience in space system design, enterprise engineering, system interfaces, modeling & simulation, and system resiliency
- Bachelor's Degree and 8 years of successful experience in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Astrodynamics, and/or Aerospace Engineering or related field.
- Top Secret/SCI Clearance with Full Scope Polygraph Required.
- Self-starter that possesses broad system engineering expertise related to space systems. Experience with enterprise architecture, software development, cyber operations, command and control systems, satellite TT&C (Telemetry, Tracking and Command) systems, ground control systems, space situational awareness, space sensors and data exploitation, and astrodynamics or orbital mechanics are required.
- Work with technical teams and collaborate/interact with sponsor, contractor, and other FFRDC partners.
- Ability to document and/or present ideas and findings such that others can easily learn from or make decisions based upon the material.
- Ability to think strategically about technical and operational challenges within an acquisition organization and experience developing roadmaps and implementation plans for moving an organization forward.
- Extensive working knowledge of software development, cyber operations, enterprise engineering and architecture, system interfaces, command and control systems, modeling & simulation, system resiliency, ground control systems, space sensors and data exploitation, and astrodynamics or orbital mechanics.
- Familiarity with space and cybersecurity operations and architectures across Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, civil, and commercial agencies.
- Advanced degree in related technical field of study.
- Possess a space and cybersecurity background with expertise in one or more of the following: space operations, modeling and simulation of space systems using industry standard tools such as AFSIM, STK, SEAS or the like, working knowledge of cybersecurity standards such as NIST framework or similar, software development, data engineering, networking and network monitoring, data communications, and information technology.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and technical document preparation skills with a demonstrated ability to support complex organizational relationships.
- Ability to communicate complex, concepts, ideas in a confident and well-organized manner.
- Proven ability to collaborate with leaders and stakeholders, with a proven track record of establishing relationships and the ability to be a strategic partner.
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving, risk assessment, and strategy.
- Demonstrated proficiency briefing and interfacing with senior government leaders using strong verbal, written, PC, presentation, and communications skills.
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE’s employment process, please contact MITRE’s Recruiting Help Line at 703-983-8226 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright © 1997-2020, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved. MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material on this site may be copied and distributed with permission only.