Volt Workforce Solutions is Now Hiring! We are looking for Assembly Workers for our client in Reading, PA
Hours: 1st Shift- 6:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Mon-Thursday and 1/2 day on Friday
2nd Shift - 5:00 pm-3:30 am Monday - Thursday and 3:00 pm start time Friday.
**OT and weekends could be mandatory**
This temp to hire position is a way to get your foot in the door with a great company!!
- Set up and properly utilize jigs to assemble component parts
- Inspect parts for defects, repair if possible, and/or inform appropriate personnel of non-conforming parts
- Accurately record production information- may be recorded by using a scanner, computer or by hand
- Operate or assist in operating machines and various hand tools in accordance with standard operating procedures identified for the hand tool or machine being operated
- Inspect parts and assembled units, touch up and repaid defects
- Packaged finished unit by hand or with use if assisting devices
- Maintain and clean workstation, including jigs and equipment
- Identify equipment or hand tool malfunctions, repair if possible, or inform supervisor of problem
- Move parts in and out of work area using proper equipment
- Set up or adjust workstation to suit ergonomic needs
- Ability to be on your feet all day and work in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least 50 lbs continuously throughout the day
- The building is NOT climate controlled so there could be extreme heat or cold at times
- Could work up to 12 hour shifts
- Pre screening Drug and Background required
Volt is an equal opportunity employer.
Volt Information Sciences