The Certified Medical Assistant is a graduate of an accredited school of Medical Assisting and certified accordingly. The Medical Assistant practices within their scope as directed by the agency Medical Director and the American Association of Medical Assistant (AAMA). The Medical Assistant provides evidence-based practice as per the Nurse Practice Act and other governing bodies and demonstrates growth in ability to care for patients with chronic diseases; requires consultation with experienced clinicians and benefits from feedback; reports directly to the Lead Licensed Practical Nurse and ultimately to the Nurse Managers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain professionalism while conducting agency business.
- Prioritize and perform multiple tasks.
- Recognize and respect cultural diversity.
- Utilizes medical terminology appropriately.
- Perform basic administrative medical assisting functions per agency guidelines.
- Schedule, coordinate, and monitor appointments where necessary to include conducting follow-up telephone calls.
- Comprehends and adheres to managed care policies and procedures.
- Utilizes electronic technology to receive, organize, prioritize and transmit information per agency guidelines.
- Triage all clients (to include pediatrics) scheduled to see a provider according to agency policy and procedures.
- Works directly with the providers as assigned.
- Conducts patient history and chief assessments.
- Documents demographical and/or medical information into the agency electronic medical records with an ability to retrieve specific data accordingly.
- Apply principles of aseptic technique and infection control.
- Comply with quality assurance practices.
- Collects and processes specimens.
- Performs inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Performs routine maintenance of administrative and clinical equipment.
- Assist in teaching health promotion and disease processes.
- Practice within legal and ethical boundaries.
- Complies with established risk management and safety regulations.
- Travels from site to site, when necessary, to provide direct patient care, triage, and/or other duties as assigned.
- medical assistant: 2 years (Preferred)
Get a Med Job