About Us: Citizens Health is a community based, private, not-for-profit organization. It is comprised of:
Citizens Medical Center - a 25 bed critical access hospital,
Family Center for Health Care - an outpatient rural health clinic,
Prairie Senior - a skilled nursing facility,
Citizens Clubhouse - an onsite childcare center that cares for children 6 weeks to school age for our workforce,
Citizens Medical Equipment - our durable medical equipment business.
We strive to be progressive, dependable and knowledgeable, while providing compassionate, evidence-based care to the residents of northwest Kansas.
Location: 100 E College Drive, Colby, Ks
Position Information: Assist medical providers by providing patient care; to include patient assessment, assisting with procedures, and performing various tests. Perform appropriate telephone triage using established practice guidelines. Review patient medication history and prepare prescription requests for medical provider. Provides health education to patients and families.
Days: Monday-Friday, 4 to 5 days a week
Hours: 8-10 hour days between the hours of 8:00am-6:00pm. An occasional Saturday morning from 8:30-12:00.
Pay Range: RMA begins at $14.05 per hour. LPN begins at $17.15 per hour. LPN IV begins at $18.90.
What you'll do:
- Medical Assistants will assist medical providers by providing patient care under the supervision of an RN/LPN/APRN/PA and/or physician.
- LPNs will assist medical providers by providing patient care.
- Perform appropriate telephone triage using established practice guidelines.
- Review patient medication history and prepares prescription requests for medical provider, as needed.
- Provide health education to patients and families.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- LPN or RMA license.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- At least one year of experience in an outpatient medical clinic.
- Experience with EMR (electronic medical records) preferred.
- Self-starter who takes initiative, is open minded and a team player.
- Maintain a positive attitude with good energy including during stressful days.
- Create a positive, supportive working atmosphere.
- Display integrity and accountability.
- Accept and respond to constructive criticism and suggestions and strive for self-improvement.
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures.
- Arrive at work on time and when scheduled.
- Demonstrate flexibility, initiative and ingenuity in performing job tasks.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and maintain professional appearance.
- Demonstrate behavior that reflects the image of the institution.
- Embrace the organization's core values of Service to Others, Quality, Teamwork, Respect and Viability in a manner that always makes our children feel well cared for and personally cared about.
- Perform job duties in a manner that always protects coworkers, the organization and others from harm.
- Engage in a type of teamwork and interpersonal skills that always promote the success and sense of well-being of every associate touched by any decision made or actions taken.
- Demonstrate an eagerness for learning and personal growth that keeps pace with an environment that is constantly evolving.
- Conduct oneself in a manner that serves as a role model of competence and caring for all associates.
Works in well-lighted and well-ventilated Family Center for Health Care. Works in a safe environment, but an environment where direct contact with blood or other body fluids to which Body Substance Isolation applies. Work is in an environment where cytotoxic drugs are mixed and administered.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available
- Pre-Tax and Roth Contributions
- Automatic 6% salary deferral upon employment
- Regular and matching contributions after one-year and 1,000 hours worked
- Provides Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Full-time coverage - equal to two times employees annual income
- Part-time coverage - one-time annual income
- Differential and Certification Pay
- Eligible employees receive shift, weekend and holiday differential pay
- Other Benefits
- Paid time off
- On-site child care services
- Funeral leave
- Health Savings Account
- Dependent, Medical and Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Accounts
- Aflac Group Insurance
- Discounted membership rate for EagleMed and LifeSave
- Many More!
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or discharge history, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I understand that neither the completion of this application nor any other part of my consideration for employment establishes any obligation for CMCI to hire me. If I am hired, I understand that either CMCI or I can terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without prior notice. I understand that no representative of CMCI has the authority to make any assurance to the contrary.
Citizens Medical Center, Inc. implements a Drug Free Workplace Program. Drug testing is required of applicants in accordance with relevant laws.
If you need assistance to complete this application or during any phase of the application, interview, or employment process, please notify the Human Resources Department (785) 460-4842. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a timely manner.