PracticeMax is seeking an Intake Coordinator in our Phoenix, AZ office. The successful candidate will be responsible for precise payment intake and deposits as well as document organization in all medical practice management systems.
- Gathers incoming mail/claims from fax machines, the front office, the main mailroom, and from the lobby of the building.
- Opens and counts mail, segregates by date received and by form type.
- Accurately sorts incoming mail based on predefined parameters (i.e. date received, form type) daily, including i.e., scans and miscellaneous form types.
- Mails back to Provider/Health Plan claims returned from the eligibility department with the appropriate documentation daily.
- Files claims that have been scanned in the appropriate file cabinets by client.
- Assists in filing, pulling, and purging of individual claims as well as, special projects as requested from file room/records retention.
- Prepares batches by removing all paper clips, staples, rubber bands and sorting common form types into batches of 25 or less. Batching must be completed daily.
- Scans all batched documents using both scanners and manually writes the assigned batch #, date scanned, and initials on all scanned batches.
- All other job-related duties as it relates to the job function or as delegated by the management.
- Balances incoming payments daily in preparation for bank deposits.
- Verifies EFT payments in clearinghouse PM systems in preparation for cash posting team.
- Oversees medical record request from attorney offices via ChartSwap. Communicates with attorneys daily for claims resolution.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with confidential information, including financial and contractual arrangements.
- Requires strong organization, time management, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ensures HIPAA guidelines are respected by safeguarding protected health information in the capacity of the position and responsibilities.
- Work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Customer oriented attitude.
- (I) One year or less experience working in health care related field.
- (II) Obtained two or less years of knowledge and experience working in health care related field and mastered the essential functions required for this position with little to no supervision.
- (III) Two or more years of knowledge and experience in the health care field mastering the essential functions and able to train and supervise employees.
- High school or GED equivalent
- At least one year customer service and preferably healthcare.