- Support equipment (including, but not limited to: case tapers, Big Joe Lifts, Yushin stackers)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function/duty satisfactorily. Other duties/functions may be added or assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GN Contact Heat Thermoforming Machines
- Effectively install tooling and perform set-ups on GN machines and support equipment within a prescribed time.
- Train new mechanics in performing set-ups on GN machines.
- Proficient at adjusting the knives.
- Proficient in measuring and changing molds, locks, and hinges.
- Conduct mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical troubleshooting.
- Able to look at a finished product and determine corrective actions based on irregularities of the product.
- Perform corrective and preventive maintenance on GN and support equipment as described above
- Assist technicians in performing set ups on Lyle and Sencorp style preheat machines
- Assist technicians in mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical troubleshooting
- Able to look at a finished product and determine corrective actions based on irregularities and non-conformances of the product.
- Assist in corrective and preventive maintenance on Lyles, Sencorps, and support equipment as described above
- Able to identify, retrieve, and replace machine components from the stockroom
- Follow the proper procedure to inform the storeroom clerk that parts have been removed from or returned to inventory
- Use computer to identify priorities, shop machine efficiencies (scrap, downtime standard cycle, speed, and machine problems).
- Properly fill out and file production, setup, PM, and Q.C. paperwork.
- Assist with the training of operators and utility personnel.
- Follows Product Safety and Quality standards
- Follows FDA GMP"s in regards to food contact packaging as it pertains to the employee
- Practices safe work habits and follows general safety procedures such as proper lifting and bending, ergonomics, proper use of equipment and use of personal protection equipment (PPE)
- Practices good housekeeping including clutter-free work area and general cleaning; follows FDA product safety standards, follows IPC product defense standards and complies with all SQF requirements
- Ensures lockout procedures are followed any time the equipment is being cleaned or maintained
- Assist in the smooth operation of production.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using mechanical and electrical schematics, technical manual, and electrical meters.
- Maintain a good attendance record. Generally willing to work overtime if needed.
- At the request of the supervisor, this job replaces other jobs such as operator where a different set of physical requirements are needed.
The list below represents the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Education and/or Experience - High School degree or equivalent. Vocational Technical Community College, or Formal Military mechanical and/or technical training a plus. Previous mechanical or electrical experience preferred. Thermoforming, Extrusion machinery, or packaging equipment highly desired. Prior experience or training in a related field or manufacturing environment. Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical control systems. Solid troubleshooting ability. Knowledge of Personal Computers and Microsoft Office a plus.
2. Language - In work related situations must be able to take direction and communicate in English as well as read and understand written documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Good people skills required to interact with other production personnel and management. Must have patience and a methodical approach to work. Must pay attention to detail and able to identify machine malfunctions and work independently to correct them.
3. Math - Be proficient in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division and to calculate decimals and fractions. Understand and work with metric system. Skillfully use a torque wrench and differentiate between "inch lbs. and foot lbs.
4. Reasoning Ability - Apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving a variety of situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to perform various physical activities which require fine motor skills.
2. This task requires reaching, climbing, kneeling, squatting, and bending. All activities are performed occasionally (max 20 times per day).
3. This job occasionally requires changing molds and heaters where items weighing 150-300 lbs. are pulled from a shelf onto a " Big Joe" moving machine. Storage heights are from 12 inches above floor level to five feet height.
4. Rarely a wooden platform is lifted and carried a distance of six feet to enable the operator to reach into the machine. Platform weights are 45 lbs.
5. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. An accident, should it occur, may result in minor injuries such as cuts, abrasions, burns or bruises or a partially incapacitating nature such as back strain, fracture, or bruising.
2. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Synerfac Technical Staffing