At AAM, we're looking for associates who push boundaries and drive solutions for the future. Innovators. Thinkers. Dreamers. Doers. No matter the role or function, every associate is a piece of what makes AAM great. We’re growing and building #TeamAAM to be the best. Join us!
Job Posting Title EHS Representative
Job Description Summary Provides support to EHS Manager in monitoring manufacturing environment and processes; implements procedures and practices that ensure safe work conditions. Assists in the creation, communication, and enforcement of standards and practices for handling dangerous materials. Assists in monitoring manufacturing practices and processes for environmental considerations; assists in ensuring adherence to company policies, industry practices, and governmental regulations. Assists in the process of preparing for, mitigating, responding to, and recovering from, an emergency.
- Creates mechanisms for assessing and addressing risks or hazards to plant and transport personnel and environment.
- Monitors existing infrastructure and processes for compliance and potential risks or hazards; conducts EHS inspections.
- Coordinates activities and containment actions in the event of accidents.
- Investigates and compiles reports on accidents or environmental incidents.
- Provides EHS training.
- Investigates causes of accidents, injuries, or illnesses; prepares reports of findings and solutions for minimizing or preventing recurrence.
- Conducts research and assessment of the proper use, selection, and limitations of major safeguarding devices.
- Provides support to plant manager or site leader in addressing EHS-related issues.
- Evaluates potential health hazards or damage that could occur from misuse of products; engineer’s solutions to improve EHS.
- Conducts follow-up inspections to ensure conditions are addressed appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Maintains necessary documentation for internal or governmental regulations and standards. Provides documentation to internal or external auditors as needed.
- Conducts vulnerability assessments; creates, communicates, and implements emergency-management programs.
- Collect and review data to develop safety system strategies
- Coordinates emergency-management activities with community, partners, and insurers.
- All other duties as assigned.
- One to Three years of experience in related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health & Safety or related field required.
- General working knowledge of regulatory safety and environmental standards.
- Familiar with employment laws and regulations (OSHA, EEOC, etc.).
- Experience in workman compensation.
For over 20 years, customers around the world have entrusted AAM to design, engineer, validate and manufacture driveline and metal forming technologies for automotive, commercial and industrial markets. Today, we are a premier global Tier 1 automotive supplier with broad capabilities across multiple product lines to deliver efficient, powerful and innovative solutions for our customers. We’ve earned the trust of our suppliers and our customers through our steadfast commitments to quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
AAM delivers power. We deliver power literally through vehicle components, systems and innovation, but we also deliver power in ways unseen. We power our associates, their families, and the communities in which we operate. Our global team of over 21,000 associates has a clear vision of where AAM is going and how we are going to get there. After all, they are the reason we are a leader in the automotive industry. We are powering the future. We are AAM. Move with us, and join #TeamAAM.
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail TalentAcquisition@aam.com . AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per AAM policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that AAM will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
American Axle & Manufacturing