Design, enhance, and maintain all aspects of the Midco’s network.
- Manage the design and maintenance of the Midco network in all aspects. This includes, but is not limited to: LAN, WAN, and MAN networks, routers, switches, and optical shelves.
- Implement advanced network configurations.
- Propose new network design ideas.
- Design advanced routing and switching solutions.
- Possess technical subject matter expertise in at least two of the following specialties: security, transport, routing, cable modem termination system (CMTS), traffic engineering, voice, video or wireless.
- Recommend the proper IOS for routers and CMTS.
- Shape technical direction and strategies for both Midco and external customers.
- Participate in the development of viable and cost-effective solutions.
- Successfully design and maintain all aspects of Midco’s network.
- Communicate and maintain up-to-date, accurate documentation for passwords, diagrams, security, etc.
- Manage, monitor, test, and maintain routers, switches, optical shelves, etc. Report significant activity to the Network Operations Center and keep detailed statistics regarding these activities.
- Ensure that the Midco network is secure from outside attack or penetration
- Proactively plan for future capacity and execute related action plans.
- Possess ability to work independently on all Engineer Associate level elements.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of the Midco network and its components, and a general understanding of Midco mail systems and servers.
- Engage vendors to assist in design, installation, and trouble shooting.
- Ensure viable disaster recovery and back up plans are in place for all systems.
- Oversee the development of system utilities and tools.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance and to arrive to work on time as required by your position.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multitask and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, coworkers and management.
- Identify opportunities for improvement while creating and implementing viable solutions
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in related industry and/or equivalent job experience.
- Seven to eight years network experience required.
- CCNP, CCDP, CCIP certifications preferred.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 70 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The Employee must be able to work in an outdoor environment year around in all weather conditions. The Employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, radiation, and vibration.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By 2025, Midco will deploy 10G, the next great leap for broadband – while also expanding its fixed wireless network to rural areas. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco internet / cable
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our full EEO and federal contractor supplemental posters, please refer to .