SUPERVISED BY: Clinic Supervisor
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Sterling Medical provides expertise in healthcare for communities nationwide. By being employer owned, employers are now taking healthcare into their own hands and are being able to provide quality and efficient care for their employees. Our goals at Sterling Medical are to create a patient-focused integrated primary and urgent healthcare system by bringing the patient and provider closer together, ensuring that all patients obtain the health services they need without suffering financial hardship, and allowing the employer to control their healthcare costs.
We are looking for ideal candidates who strive to achieve a 95% or higher in positive customer feedback, are diligent at building the company s name recognition within the community and are willing to understand the concerns of our patients and try to help solve their healthcare problems.
Sterling Urgent Care is currently located throughout Idaho, Utah, and Wyoming with more locations coming soon.
Purpose of Position:
As a Receptionist you will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the urgent care. You will support providers and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient demographics, clinic maintenance, and communication with other departments and locations. The goal is to complete all activities accurately, with high quality and in a timely manner.
Essential Functions of an Urgent Care Receptionist:
The following functions have been determined by Sterling Medical to be essential to the successful performance of this position which includes but is not limited to:
- As the initial point of contact, the receptionist is responsible for greeting and welcoming patients in a courteous and professional manner with a smile
- Answering the telephone in a professional and caring manner at all times
- Checks patients into the EMR and supporting software
- Confirms and updates patient s demographics and verifies insurance
- Fills in all required portions of the patient s demographic portion of the EMR accurately
- Obtains release of medical records from the patient
- Fulfills the requests for medical records
- Collects co-pays and payments from the patient and documents in EMR and tracking forms
- Maintains the cash drawer and funds log
- Scanning all clinic documents and indexing patient intake, eligibility and consents in EMR
- Ensures all phones calls are answered and triaged
- Collects any procedure and medication co-pays prior to the patient leaving
- Upon discharge, the receptionist will thank the patient for coming into the clinic
- Through provided training, complete and pass required certification for drug collection
- Maintain cleanliness of the clinic
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 25 lbs. about 50 feet
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, handle documents, bend and stoop, and reach with hands and arms.
- Complies with national PHI laws including HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2
- Maintains continual sustained attendance
- Works cooperatively with others and as part of the Sterling Medical Team
- Train new receptionists on essential functions of the role
- May be required to travel
The following are the qualifications and minimum requirements necessary for a person to perform this job.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Maintain BLS/CPR certification
- Ability to type 50 words per minute
- Upbeat, positive and problem solver
- Strong computer skills
- Strong vocabulary, spelling, and punctuation
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and adapt to individual needs
- Authorized to work in the United States
Upon hiring, you are expected to successfully complete the following requirements:
- EMR training modules
- Receptionist competency checked off
- Drug Testing Training Videos and Certification
- Drug Testing Software Training
- Continuing educational assigned by your manager intermittently throughout the year
General office equipment including phone, fax, computer, printer, copier, scanner, multi-line phone system.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of this position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
We're Committed to Inclusion and Equal Opportunity:
Sterling Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Company that employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications, and competence. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by virtue of an applicant's or employee s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, the presence of any mental, sensory or physical handicap, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. These policies govern all aspects of employment, promotion, assignment, discharge, and other terms and conditions of employment.
To help assure that this policy is fully in force, any aggrieved person should immediately call the matter to the attention of either their immediate supervisor or the Office of Human Resources. The person aggrieved should make their own choice as to whom of the above parties they wish to report their problem. Any employee found to have engaged in actions in violation of this policy shall be subject to disciplinary action which may include immediate discharge.
Specifics, Experience, Education:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Based on Experience
- Customer Service experience: 2 year (Preferred)
- Prior experience as a medical receptionist
- Bilingual (Preferred)
- Experience working with healthcare insurance (preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- BLS/CPR Certification (Preferred)