Job Description and Qualifications
Would you like to be part of a team where your work can have a large impact? If so, we have an opportunity for you!
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (NYSE: APD), a world-leading manufacturer of industrial gases, has an immediate opening for a Senior Project Manager located in Houston, TX, as part of the GEMTE Project Execution Team.
Responsibilities for this position include: Accountable for the overall execution of medium to large capital projects supporting America's Industrial Gases business. Complexity is derived from the number of external organizations engaged, the use of multiple execution strategies, construction in difficult geographies/locations, and the projects' size in the core execution capability that the company has executed previously. Accountability includes strategic and tactical matters associated with the project execution and commences during the bid development phase and continues through start-up and commissioning.
The role requires significant interaction with JV's, strategic partners, EPCs, and suppliers to ensure effective coordination across all involved to ensure delivery on project commitments. The incumbent also interfaces extensively with the customer on engineering in addition to the technical matters. Projects are executed utilizing global capabilities, necessitating a strong cross-cultural competency.
- During bid development, establish strategies for execution, procurement, construction, and start-up. Define the project scope and budget of Air Products' share of the project. Review and assess any JV, strategic partners' or other third parties' scope and costs to ensure alignment. The project scope includes engineering, design, equipment procurement, construction procurement, construction management, plant commissioning and start-up, environmental permitting, etc.
- Oversight and direction of all project execution activities, including overall cost, schedule, and plant performance related to the project assigned.
- Overall management of all aspects affiliated to the project performed by Air Products, including work done within Global Engineering and Manufacturing (CryoDesign, Machinery, Electrical, Civil/Structural) and supporting organizations such as Procurement, Real Estate, Law, Tax, Energy, Public Affairs and Accounting.
- Develop and lead a high-performing project team that includes the core Air Products' project members, other Air Products functions, external partners, vendors, equipment vendors, and possibly, customer representatives.
- Accountability for review of unique execution strategies and decision-making processes to address these situations. Lead the internal and/or external problem-solving necessary to arrive at appropriate decisions.
- Single technical and project contact with the customer(s) from project development through project execution on engineering and technical issues.
- Member of the AP “BUILD” team working with the customers throughout the term of the project.
- Maintain a safe work environment and support corporate and organizational safety goals in the office, suppliers, and fabrication and field sites.
- Ensure Risk Management procedures are followed and any issues resolved.
- BS Degree
- Possess an experienced level of project management skills, knowledge, and eight to fourteen years of experience.
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills
To learn more, visit
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid holidays/vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, and retirement plans.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.
North America - Exempt
Global Engrg Mfg Technology & Equipment
Business Sector / Division
Global Project Execution