The Infectious Diseases Section Intern will be assigned to the Infectious Diseases Section at Georgia Department of Public Health. The Infectious Diseases Section is compromised of the following programs: HIV, STD and TB.
By the end of the internship, the Intern will have gained experience and exposure to:
- Georgia's End the Epidemic Plan and will be assigned to the Prevention Working Group for the Community Engagement Initiative as a primary point of contact
- Implementation of programs through the review of data and improvement of community workplans
- Familiarity with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC - The Center for HIV/AIDS, STD, TB and Viral Hepatitis) and Georgia Department of Public Health.
- Support the development and roll out of designated projects focused on HIV/STD prevention, care and treatment
- Support the preparation of analytical work related to HIV/STD Prevention
- Support data review
- Participate in technical assistance to workgroups including logistics coordination, research and data analysis as needed to support the project
- Other technical and administrative tasks or responsibilities fitting team needs and Intern's interests/goals.
The Georgia Department of Public Health